Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  15+ years IT experience. A+, Net+, Security+ certified
72740154

I have a Samsung 9 serier Ultrabook.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 9 serier Ultrabook. I cannot fine my 'smart charging' options in the Samsung directory. I want to reset my computer to 100% charge (it is now set at the 80% 'limit') What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Specialist Sean S. replied 4 years ago.

Specialist Sean S. :

Good evening

Specialist Sean S. :

My name is Sean and I look forward to helping you with this

Specialist Sean S. :

The current time where I am is 8:55 p.m. EST

Customer :

hi :)

Specialist Sean S. :

Hello Cindy

Specialist Sean S. :

Please remember to RATE my service when you are ready with the smiley faces below. Experts are only compensated for their time and service with a rating of OK or better

Specialist Sean S. :

To help me understand your problem better, do you want your battery to be 100% charged

Specialist Sean S. :

and it's currently stuck at 80%?

Customer :

I can't see your chat....

Customer :

Sean... I can't see your chat..

Customer :

Yes, I want to reset the battery to 100%

Sorry for the techinical difficulties. Please use this non-chat page to communicate with me. Please review my notes up above, and I await your response
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I'm trying to reset my computer to 100% charging, not 80%. Right now, the 'smart setting'.... which I can NOT FIND is governing it to limit at 80%.

Cindy, I'm back. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the delay. I had to have customer service redirect you to the Q & A page (this one), because you couldn't view my chat responses

Since the issue you are having is with the battery life, Samsung puts an app on their laptop with a program called "battery extender." This is designed to make your battery last longer by limiting the battery strength. What you'll need to do is go to your start menu and look for a Samsung app or something called Samsung management. I posted a picture below. If you cannot find it, I'd be more than happy to do a remote connect and find it for you. I await your reply
graphic

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 4 years ago.
Does above procedure helped you?

Please reply status
Hello sir,
Just checking, are you still waiting for answer?
or
Does above suggestion solved issue?

please reply
Cindy,

Please let me know the status of the issue? Again, sorry for the technical difficulties that were preventing you from seeing my response. If the solution worked, please remember to RATE my service, as experts on here are only compensated for their time with a rating of OK or better. If you are still having issues, let me know and I'll be happy to help you further

Thanks,

Sean.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

unfortunately it was not with my battery life it was it with a degree of charging so the answer you gave me is really not relevant I have actually solve the problem now

I'm glad to hear that it was resolved, but sorry to hear that I wasn't able to track down the solution for you sooner. Is there anything else that you would like assistance or support with?