Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Charles, What computer would you suggest to buy for a first

Charles, What computer would you suggest to buy for a first time user?
It is for a contractor for internet use, bookkeeping and a good price. He has an
older computer about 10 years old, called "ecomputer". Should he buy the PC only or upgrade the whole system to include the keyboard & monitor?
Also do some computers come with anti virus software? Or do you have to buy it seperately?
Thanks
Fred
Hello this is Charles, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. You can buy the PC only. Computers are very flexible as far as monitors and keyboard the only thing you would need to worry about is the printer. Make sure its compatible with the operating system you have on the newer machine. Yes computers do come with anti viral software. If it doesn't usually the place of purchase can recommend one or make you a great deal on one with the purchase of a new machine. I would like to advise sometimes you can get a good deal on something called a computer package were it comes with everything even a new monitor. When you do buy a new computer they usually come with a new mouse and keyboard just to let you know. Just make sure that the computer you are buying suits all of your needs and has everything you want on it before buying it. Wink