John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, my Firefox access suddenly

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, my Firefox access suddenly jumped to a blank screen with a small blue box "Listen to Music" - and nothing else. I cannot access anything on the net using Firefox now. I have today uninstalled Firefox and downloaded from your website - to have the same problem! All I can do is exit it and use Internet Explorer instead. But I prefer to use Firefox.

What is going on, please?

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Firefox. I will try my best to help you

Customer:

Thanks John

John :

You are welcome sir other than blank Firefox do you get any error message ?

Customer:

No.

John :

Did you recently install any add on Firefox?

Customer:

No I didn't.

Customer:

Ms. Romaine

John :

Sorry about that ma'am.

Note:-Please bookmark/add to favourites this page, use that bookmark or favourites in case you accidentally close this page during this conversation. You can also get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer button in the email click on that and you can open this page

John :

Can i screen share with your pc and check the problem. You can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that

Customer:

Ok

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give the link to remote access your PC

Customer:

go ahead

John :

Thank you please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/ then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know

Customer:

John, I;m not happy turning off my firewall. I am going to head out. I will turn off my computer and restart it, as that's one thing I haven't done yet.

Customer:

I'll get back in touch if necessary.

John :

One moment

Customer:

Thank you.

John :

One moment

John :

You do not need to turn off the firewall now

Customer:

OK

John :

i said only if there is any problem connecting

Customer:

I'm now trying Option 3 of connect...

John :

OK

John :

let me know if you have any trouble connecting

Customer:

no connection happening...

John :

I believe you opened it on Internet explorer am i correct

Customer:

Yes - because that's the only way I can get on the net at the moment, because of the problem with Firefox.

John :

OK in that case i will give you another tool to do the screen sharing.one moment please

Customer:

Thank you.

John :

Here is the tool to do screen sharing it’s called join me to download that click on this link https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?installer=win&webdownload=true

Then download and install it once it’s installed open it and now in the join me tool click on the share button which is a play button in orange color that will generate a key. Let me know that key.the key it generates will be a 9 digit code

Customer:

key appears to be 518-098-345

John :

OK one moment please

John :

The problem had been solved. If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate me using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer:

John, Thanks again. A better, cleaner and hopefully well-behaved computer. I'll run the anti-malware software often now.

John :

You are welcome ma'am.