Kenny Ross
Kenny Ross, Certified IT Professional
Experience:  CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Professional
22113254

I got a gateway computer not a laptop but I cant get it to

Customer Question

I got a gateway computer not a laptop but I can't get it to go wireless.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is Charles, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. I am very sorry you have ran into this kind of problem and I do understand how frustrating this kind of situation is. Can you please tell me the model number of this machine and what version of windows you are using please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

DL.gepaa.001windows8

Ok so you are using windows 8. You may want to recheck that model number that's not a model number I am so sorry to say. It should be on the back of it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model name hx1953l p/n umiw3an002

Ok standby for just a moment please. Also are you on that machine right now also how are you contacting me, are you on a different computer or do you have that machine directly contact right now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have it on yes but I am using another computer to talk to u

OK can you re read that model number it's not coming up make sure they are the correct letters.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sx2110g

Thank you, go into the start menu and then right click and then left click all apps. Go all the way to the right until you see control panel. Click on control panel. Once there click on network and internet. Then click on network and sharing once you are there on the left click on change adapter settings. Tell me what is in there please.
Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 4 years ago.
Depending on if a wireless card is built in the machine or if your using a wireless USB adapter can help us get this issue resolved. Please let us know if your using and USB device to connect wirelessly and/ or if so please follow the steps above. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No not using a USB device

Please follow the steps Charles has provided. Thank you!
When you get to the adapter settings there should be a Wireless network adapter, if not please follow these steps: re-navigate to the control panel and if not selected, in the right hand corner switch to small icons> device manager> Click the (+) button to next to "Network Adapters", here you should see a wireless network adapter. If not, your machine may not be wifi compatible.