I have a new iPhone 5 and have not mastered it yet. My problem is

I have a new iPhone...
I have a new iPhone 5 and have not mastered it yet. My problem
is that someone asked me to text him a lengthy discussion but did not tll me which was his cell phone number and which was a land line, so of course I texted the wrong one.

I still have the message on my iPhone, but I can't remove the wrong phone number in order to send it to the correct one. Can you help? I need to get it out ASAP.
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/6/2013
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

ITCris :

Hi, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Customer:

Whew!

ITCris :

Hello!

ITCris :

You will not be able to edit a text all ready set. Instead you can do a copy and paste the content of the text and compose a new one then send to the correct number.

ITCris :

I can provide you instructions how to copy and paste.

Customer:

PLease do. I have no idea of how to copy & paste but often see directions to do it, so I should learn.

ITCris :

1. Locate the text you want to copy or paste

2. Tap and hold on the word you want to copy/paste
    Select “Select All” to select all the text on the page your viewing and tap “Copy”
    Drag the little blue dots around the specific area you want to copy and tap “Copy”

ITCris :

Then compose a new text tap and hold in the box and select paste.

Customer:

Thank you. What is a text tap? Also, this text goes on & on for what turns out to be 3-4 pages on the little iPhone screen. How do I drag the blue dots around all that?

ITCris :

Just drag the blue dot all the way down the page will scroll down. Here is a video on how it is done.

ITCris :

How are you making out?

ITCris :

Hello???

Customer:

How do i access the video?

ITCris :

I apologize, I forgot to include the link give me a moment.

ITCris :

Click here>>>Video

ITCris :

Are you still there??

ITCris :

Hello????

ITCris :

I will end the chat as I have not had any response from you in about 20 minutes. If you have no further questions please don't forget to rate my service so that I am credited. I will also send you a message to see if you have been able to copy and paste.

Customer:

The video says I have to get the latest flash player in order to see it. Everything lately is saying that, but when I try I don't understand the directions.

Customer:

Sorry - I got a lengthy phone call I had to attend to. I'll try to go to the flash player thing so I can tell you what comes up that confuses me. Hopefully I'll be back if I don't lose you. Give me a few minutes to sort it out.

Hi Sarah,

It appears we were disconnected, how did you make out?
No problem, let me know how you make out.

I tried to follow your directions but when I clicked on the video it said I needed to get a new flash player. I've gotten this before & till I do I guess I'll see nothing. Anyway, when I go to Get New Flash Player a little box comes up that says Ddownloads". Above it it says "locate the downloaded file and double-click to mount the disk image". I have NO idea of what they're talking about. In the left half of the box is a grey area that has a list: all my files, desktop, applications and documents. The right side of the box is white with a picture of a sheet of paper with some kind of machine drawn on it.

Then below that it says "Double click Install Flash Player". That sounds promising, but when I try to my pointer won't click on ANYTHING no matter what I do. It won't even make a little hand. If I try long enough it slips to a dashboard page which has nothing to do with anything and is well-nigh inescapable, though I have managed to get out of it after a while. Now what?

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Were you able to try to do the copy and paste function on the iPhone. If you do a long press on the word the dots will appear. Press and hold the second blue dot and drag downwards to continue highlighting the entire text. When done tap copy, create a new text tap and hold select paste.

I'm using a Mac with Safari. It is getting so late and I still have to write a bunch of stuff to give the guy tomorrow when he comes to pick up some things. I think at this point it might be quicker to just rewrite the entire message and text it to his cell phone. But could you tell me how to install the new Flash Player? People keep sending me videos &c and I can't do a thing w ith them, apparently, till I get it.

Please try to download and install Firefox. It is another browser just like safari except faster and more secure. Click on the link below, download and install Firefox. Then try to pull up a youtube video and let me know how you make out.

Click here>>>Firefox

Let me know how you make out.

I have been trying to download Firefox like you said - have been to their support page & everything. Looked in downloads & it seems to be full of various forms of Firefox now but I cannot get it to do ANYTHING! It won't open (I think), it won't drag to the Applications folder, wherever that is, it won't go to the dock. I am soooooooooo fed up!

k

Can we do a remote connection so I can help you out.

Please use the link below to reach join.me when you do click on Orange Play button on the left side to start meeting. Run the software, a box will appear at the top of your screen with a session number. Please give me the session number so I can join the session.

http://join.me

I got as far as clicking the orange button but I cannot find a session number anywhere.

Please follow these instructions "carefully". Go to the site again in the right side enter the following number to join the session 894-787-821

You will then be seeing my screen. I will then ask to change presentor role to you so I can see yours. When you get a prompt click yes/install to proceed.
It appears you have gone offline. Please let me know when you are ready to do a remote session. I have ended the session I was waiting for you to join.

Sorry. I was starving and had to dig up some breakfast. I'm back now and will now try to do what you said. And I WAS careful.

No problem, hey we have eat! Cool

Here is the new session number. Type in, in the box on the right side. I will change presenter role to you. When prompted click on Download.

693-161-504
I have not seen you join the session I am assuming you might be having trouble.

Click on the link to get to the session, click here>>>Join Session

I did that. What happens is that when I type in the session number & click "join session" it tells me that I have to install Flash Player. Well, that's precisely the point - I don't have it and I can't get it!!

See if you can get Firefox going.

Open the double loads folder tap click on the Firefox.dmg file. That should start the install, window. When you reach the drag Firefox to applications. Click on and hold on the Firefox icon and drag into Applications folder. Then double click the Applications folder to open it and locate firefox on the list.

Open Firefox from there, you cannot drag the firefox icon from the install screen to the dock. It has to be dragged from the applications folder.
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

OK I'll try that before I close up shop. What is the "double loads folder"?

I apologize what I meant to save was the "Downloads" folder on your Mac.
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Hi Sarah,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris
Hi Sarah,

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris
Cris
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist