Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

my stallite p840t lapot doesnt reconize my hdd/sdd,it says

my stallite p840t lapot doesn't reconize my hdd/sdd,it says it's not present? I've only had it sincce x-mas these past year!!!! what do i have to do to make it work again??

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hi, I will assist,

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm sorry about your laptop issue. It looks like the hard drive is damaged, but we can check/confirm first. Was the laptop dropped or hit something? Do you see the hard drive in bios/setup menu? Are you able to take out the hard drive and then reinstall it securely, and check?

Viet - Computer Tech :

Remove / replacing the hard drive is pretty simple and it does not avoid warranty, so don't worry. Please see the simple steps/illustrations at the website below:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/CRU2903E90000R01.htm

Viet - Computer Tech :

If that does not work, it looks like you've gotten a bad laptop. But not to worry, Toshiba will do warranty repair, i.e., Toshiba will replace with a new hard drive for now:
(800)(NNN) NNN-NNNN(toll-free) or(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>http://support.toshiba.com/contact

Viet - Computer Tech :

I'm really sorry again about the hardware (not software) issue; I'm sure Toshiba will repair it for you. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you,

Viet - Computer Tech :

Or if you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know. Thank you,