i have a computer with two different user on it need to get

in on second user and...
i have a computer with two different user on it need to get in on second user and bypass the password XXXXX we can't remember?
5/9/2013
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer

Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Sorry to hear about the other locked account.

If the account you are able to get into is an administrator account this will be very easy to do

Hold the Windows Key (looks like a flag on the keyboard) and press r

In the run box type in control userpasswords2 then push enter

This will bring up a list of all the user accounts on the computer

See if it will let you click on the 2nd account and press Reset Password

This should allow you to either change the password XXXXX something else or it will allow you to leave it blank and press Ok to clear the password

If that does not work I have a piece of software called NT Offline Editor that will allow you to remove the password

You would need to burn the NTOffline Editor to a blank disc to remove the password

Here is how you want to do that if the above instructions did not work

We Will need:

1st: A blank CD or a blank DVD

2nd: A program called NT Offline Password XXXXX

First you want to click this link http://tinyurl.com/jeremywindowspassword

This will download "NT Offline Password XXXXX"

If it asks you if you want to "Run or save" choose RUN

This will open the cd110511.zip file

Click the "Extract all files" button. extract the .iso file in the .zip file somewhere you can locate it.

graphic
Next please visit this link http://tinyurl.com/jeremyimgburndownload

This will download a program called IMGBurn which we will use to burn the Password XXXXX Tool on your blank CD

When you click the above download link, Choose RUN once again.

This will start the installation for IMGBurn. Follow the steps to complete the installation

Open Imgburn (It should have made an icon on the desktop, or opened automatically after installing)

Place a blank CD in your Drive

Click the "Write Image file to disk" button.

Next to the text "Please select a file"

Click the folder with the spy glass

graphic

This will bring up a that shows the files on your computer. Locate and double click the cd110511.iso we extracted earlier.

Now click the Burn button

Place the newly burned CD in the computer with the Windows Password XXXXX it.

Please take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6x385EIbE8&feature=related

This video will show you step-by-step on how to use the Offline Password XXXXX

If you run into any issues I will be here to help you in any way I can Smile

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future (even if it's not password XXXXX), you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer