I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I get error message on

I have a Samsung Galaxy...
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I get error message on program running when I try to drill down. Error message "Window limit reached" "Can't open a new window until you close one". I have no idea how to close a window. Can not find a reference in the owners manual.
12/4/2012
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

This issue stems from multiple tabs being open on the Internet Browser (Tabs meaning multiple sites open at once in the same browser)

What you want to look for is an X to close these tabs

Take a look and see if it let's you close them out by tapping the Tab button then tapping the X

The tab button looks like this

graphic

Let's see if this helps, if for some reason you get stuck on anything reply to me. I am standing by to assist you Laughing

Please be specific to the Galaxy Tab 2. I do not see a keyboard when I am in the program drilling down.

Ken the error is part of the Internet Browser.

On the home screen of the Galaxy go ahead and tap the Browser icon

In the browser do you seen an icon at the top that looks like this: ?

graphic

I have an icon that says "Internet" After pressing icon several tabs are noted at top of screen. If I press a tab, the brouser gos to that location. I do not know how to close the tabs. There is no "?" that I can see on the page.

In the Internet App Look top right of the screen you will see a small box which will have a number in it.

This is the number of the tabs you have open.

Press the box and all the screens will appear onto the page.

Press the red cross sign on each page

Let's see if this helps, if not we'll try a soft reset

I have a small box that has a "+". When I tap "+" I get message that no more windows are available. We are on the right track if I can delete the tabs at top of page.

Getting Closer :)

Take a look for a box near the + symbol. Do you see any other clickable boxes under the internet app?

The next line down is the data url imput line wthe back arrows etc. You really need to have the Tab 2 to look at to help me.

I actually have a Galaxy 2 Tab Laughing

Take a look at this screenshot taking on the 2 7.0.

graphic

Do you see in the very top right hand corner an icon that looks like this? (you can click the image to make it full screen and easier to see)

graphic

Does your's not have this?

Yes, I see that icon. When I tap it, I do not see option of deleting Tabs.

We must be getting close to solution.

Do the tabs appear when you tap this? If so try using your finger to tap and hold a tab see if an X appears

Yes!!!! The tab appears and when I hold it until see X, then delete tab. That should solve problem. Very limited number of windows that can be open at same time on this Tab 2. Thank you. One other admin problem, I had to enter my credit card twice because of a password XXXXX How do I avoid double billing?

The system prevents that from happening Laughing Glad we got the tab issue fixed :)

I can usually get around 7 or 8 tabs on mine to open without that message.

Ken if you ever have any Galaxy issues or computer issues in the future you can reply to me day or night. I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week

Sorry it took so long to get it solved, I really appreciate your patience in sticking with me

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below, an excellent service rating is most appreciated. If you need anything at all do not hesitate to reply

Thanks Ken

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer