I am going to try again. How can I play Words with Friends…

I am going to try...
I am going to try again. How can I play Words with Friends with my friend who is not on FaceBook?... Read full answer
I am going to try again. How can I play Words with Friends with my friend who is not on FaceBook?
11/28/2012
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Does your friend have an iPhone or an Android phone?

I don't think so. She plays on an IPad.

An iPad is perfect - she can use her iPad to play against you.

She needs to go to the App Store on the iPad, and install "Words with Friends". Once installed, she will have a username. You can then play against each other, even if she is not on Facebook!

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

She plays with others on her IPad. She has a user ID. Does she use my EMail address to reach me? Can I invite her to play ?

That's correct - you can invite her to play, and she can invite you.

Each of you needs to use the other's name.

Please rate my service by clicking a face below - thank you!

I am not sure how I would invite her to play. I have only played on FaceBook. Where do I enter her name?

I am basically computer ignorant.

Please click New Game, and you will see an option to invite a friend using their name.
If your friend does that on her iPad, she will see an option to invite a facebook friend, and she can then invite you.

Thanks,

J.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
A few days ago a Facebook friend who never messaged me
Hello, A few days ago a Facebook friend who never messaged me before told me that I qualified for a grant and I needed to contact the grant rep. She sent me the contact information. He said his name i… read more
Cody
Cody
Systems Engineer,
I really hope you can help me - Google is my default browser
I really hope you can help me - Google is my default browser - I am very low tech I play "words with Freinds" using google and thru Facebook - When I click on the Word "Play" for it to record my score… read more
Divyansh Pagaria
Divyansh Pagaria
Ipad. 10.3.3. For about 4-5 days. Cost for advice today?
Ipad JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad? Customer: 10.3.3 JA: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far? Customer: For about 4-5 days JA: Anyt… read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
Stop searching for answers—
Late yesterday people started getting message from me that I
late yesterday people started getting message from me that I was asking for friends and now after changing my password ***** my face they are receiving that I won a prize to be delivered by ups. but h… read more
Jay D
Jay D
Bachelor of Science
A request to update words with friends. I allowed the update
A request to update words with friends. I allowed the update but it removed the game and the tile from my device. I cannot sign in with jpetrillo310. I have to pick a new name which means I lose the g… read more
IT Manager,
I have a trio tablet and I cant get one picture and it is
I have a trio tablet and I cant get one picture and it is stuck also cant get any messages from family and friends you can scroll up and down to see other pictures but it wont get off the one picture … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I cannot play words with friends on my computer thru facebook,
I cannot play words with friends on my computer thru facebook, it says play next to my contacts, but does nothing. I cannot access it on my phone either, as it says it cannot connect to facebook at th… read more
IT Manager,
On my new Dell computer when I play Words with Friends, I can
On my new Dell computer when I play Words with Friends, I can only play one word and click send. Then I have to get out of the game to play another word. I did not have this problem with the old compu… read more
Nalosin
Nalosin
Computer Support Specialist,
OOps. is there any way I can take a video off facebook that
OOps. is there any way I can take a video off facebook that I put on last night? I am only new to using facebook and wanted to send it to friends. Thankyou Leanne… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
I received a message when I added a photo that said would I
I received a message when I added a photo that said would I like to "Promote" and I would have to use a certain number of points. Stupidly I did it but am afraid it is a bug. What does Promote mean?… read more
Jess
Jess
Good Morning, Im am enjoying my Asus EeePad Tranformer
Good Morning, I'm am enjoying my Asus EeePad Tranformer with Keyboard and I do have a question. I am trying to play words with friends in facebook from my tablet and it is not letting me. I can play i… read more
Mark
Mark
I have been playing "words with friends" on facebook. something
I have been playing "words with friends" on facebook. something happened and my games won't upload. what can I do.… read more
Sr. Computer Support Expert,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Toshiba thrive tablet. I use Facebook and want to
I have a Toshiba thrive tablet. I use Facebook and want to play Words with Friends from my Facebook application. I cannot..it will not load, get error. I can download the words with friends app but no… read more
Ed
Ed
Repair Shop Owner,
On my facebook account, can not access my (word with friends
On my facebook account, can not access my (word with friends game)... When i click to play it's stuck in the search mode???… read more
David L
David L
i cannot get the full aize screen when i am playing on facebook bejeweled bltitz. i d
i cannot get the full aize screen when i am playing on facebook bejeweled bltitz. i did purchase the game and register at POP035161254BUT WHEN I TRY to play on screen with other facebook i only get th… read more
Baisil
Baisil
I Cannot Verify My Facebook Account, 3000 Friends Thru Zooworld;
I Cannot Verify My Facebook Account, 3000 Friends Thru Zooworld; I bought a new computer, a Mac Book and after I got online, tried to access my Facebook page but it would not let me sign in. The Faceb… read more
namzyanzy
namzyanzy
My Country Life game does not allow me to help my friends and
My Country Life game does not allow me to help my friends and does not list them on my Country Life gift list. My granddaughter who uses the same computer has both of these amenities. Please fix it.… read more
Support Technician,
I am rying to download a video I have in a playlist in windows
I am rying to download a video I have in a playlist in windows media center to my facebook… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification