Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

How can I eliminate this error? Parser Message: Value creation

How can I eliminate this error? Parser Message: Value creation failed " at line 422

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. Can you tell me what application you are using when you see this error message? Is this a piece of software you have downloaded or something you have created yourself?

Customer:

This message typically comes up after I have left my computer inactive for a while. It started happening after I installed a Clickfree automatic backup (a year or so ago).

Techie_Ben :

Thanks for the information. Do you have the Windows XP CD that came with the computer?

Customer:

Yes

Techie_Ben :

Ok, normally I'd have you try doing a system restore to fix the problem, but since you've had the problem for so long, you will not have a restore point that goes back that far. You can do a repair of the Windows XP installation using the CD by booting your computer with the CD in the drive, and pressing the "R" (Repair) option when the Windows XP installer comes up.

Customer:

Well, I was mistaken. I thought one of the CDs I had was the one. But looking further, the documentation I have says to use "Microsoft Windows System Restore" and to refer to Dell support: support.dell.com/pcrt Is that what I should do?

Techie_Ben :

Yes, do you have that restore disk?

Customer:

No, I don't have a restore disk.

Techie_Ben :

Ok, and is there a sticker on the machine that has the Windows XP registration key on it?

Customer:

It says Product Key. Would that be the same?

Techie_Ben :

Yes

Techie_Ben :

So yes, that's all you need to repair or re-install XP. But you just need a disk, either the XP installation disk which will allow you to do the repair, or the restore disk for the computer that will set it back to the factory settings. If you don't have one, there's obviously not much you can do now, but Dell can provide either if you call them and request it.

Customer:

Okay, I'll try contacting Dell support. Thanks for your help.