I purchased an Acer A221HD Monitor at Stapleson Monday. I…

I purchased an Acer A221HD...
I purchased an Acer A221HD Monitor at Stapleson Monday. I could not find any instructions on how to adjust the monitor. Also. no description as to what each button is supposed to do. All I have accomplished is to wipe out my printer contrl.
Menno Martens... Read full answer
Menno Martens
11/16/2012
Mike6708
Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist
Mike6708 :

If you follow this link and click on the user guides tab you can download the users manual and quick start guide directly from Acer

Mike6708 :

Are you with me?

I would love to reply. Where do I type my responses?

right where you typed that last statement

HEres instructions on how to adjust the moonitor if you dont want to go download them yourself

USER CONTROLS

Power Switch / Power LED: To turn the monitor ON or OFF. Lights up to indicate the power is turned ON. Using the Shortcut Menu Press the function button to open the shortcut menu. The shortcut menu lets you quickly select the most commonly accessed settings. Empowering: Press the Empowering Key to open the Acer eColor Management OSD and access the scenario modes. AUTO Auto Adjust: Press this button to activate the Auto Adjustment function. The Auto Adjustment function is used to set the HPos, VPos, Clock and Focus. MENU OSD functions Press this button to activate the OSD menu. Volume Up / Down Press to adjust volume (Only Audio-Input Model)(Optional) INPUT Input Key Use Input key to select from different video sources that may be connected to your monitor. (a) VG A input (b) DVI input (c) DP/HDMI input As you cycle through the sources you will ll see the fo llowi ng messag es on right top side of screen to indicat e curre ntly selecte d input so urce. It may ta ke 1 or 2 seconds for the ima ge to appear. VGA or DVI or DP/HDMI If either VGA or DVI input is selected ,but the VGA and DVI cables are not connected, a floating dialog box indicates: "No Cable Connect" or "No Signal" EN-14 Main Menu icon Sub Menu icon Sub Menu item Description N/A User mode User defined. Settings can be fine-tuned to suit any situation N/A mode N/A Standard mode Default Setting. Reflects native display capability N/A Graphic mode Enhances colors and emphasize fine detail. Pictures and photographs appear in vibrant colors with sharp detail. N/A Movie mode Displays scenes in clearest detail. Presents gre at vi sua ls , even in unsui tably - l i t environments. Acer eColor Management Operation instructions Step 1: Press " " Key to open the Acer eColor Management OSD and access the scenario modes Step 2: Press " " or " " to select the mode Step 3: Press " AUTO " Key to confirm the mode and run Auto Adjust. Features and Benefits ECO Adjusts the settings to reduce power consumption.EN-15 Adjusting the OSD settings -------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: The following content is for general reference only. Actual product specifications may vary. The OSD can be used for adjusting the settings of your LCD Monitor. Pressthe MENU key to open the OSD. You can use the OSD to adjust the picture quality, OSD position and general settings. For advanced settings, please refer to following page: Adjusting the picture quality 1 Press the MENU key to bring up the OSD. 2 Using the / keys, select Picture from the OSD. Then navigate to the picture element you wish to adjust. 3 Use the / keys to adjust the sliding scales. 4 The Picture menu can be used to adjust the current Brightness, Contrast, Colour Temp, Auto Config and other image-related qualities. EN-16 Adjusting the OSD position 1 Press the MENU key to bring up the OSD. 2 Using the directional keys, select OSD from the on screen display. Then navigate to the feature you wish to adjust. EN-17 Adjusting the setting 1 Press the MENU key to bring up the OSD. 2 Using the / keys, select Setting from the OSD. Then navigate to the feature you wish to adjust. 3 The Setting menu can be used to adjust the screen Menu Language and other important settings. EN-18 Product information 1 Press the MENU key to bring up the OSD. 2 Using the / keys, select Information from the OSD. Then the basic information of LCD monitor will show up for current input

Mike6708
Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a new acer monitor and it will not hold the screen
I have a new acer monitor and it will not hold the screen image. … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
My screen on the monitor display is stretched too wide. My
My screen on the monitor display is stretched too wide. … read more
System/Network administrator,
I have an Acer V233HL monitor, and I used to could see things
I have an Acer V233HL monitor, and I used to could see things on my screen better, but now everything seems so light. I have been playing with the buttons on the bottom right-hand side of the monitor,… read more
Computer Technican,
Stop searching for answers—
I have an HP laptop. It is connected to an Acer monitor. Yesterday
I have an HP laptop. It is connected to an Acer monitor. Yesterday I noticed my screen "look" had changed colors. First I tried a system restore point. It kept giving me a message that the system rest… read more
Michelle
Michelle
Manager operations,
I just purchased an acer 23,6" lcd 3d monitor. When my computer
I just purchased an acer 23,6" lcd 3d monitor. When my computer boots up all I get is a mouse curser on the screen but no other graphics appear. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?… read more
Dr. Bell
Dr. Bell
Computer Specialist,
Technical School Training/Certified
I have a S22A300B monitor. My operating system is Windows
I have a S22A300B monitor. My operating system is Windows 7. My display on the monitor is about 5/32" too far at left margin and about 5/32" of black screen at right margin. How can I adjust this.… read more
KeithCH
KeithCH
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hello. I just purchased two Acer monitors (S201HL), both the
Hello. I just purchased two Acer monitors (S201HL), both the exact same models to use in a dual monitor setup. Both monitors' settings are exactly the same – settings that you set from the front of th… read more
Network & System Administrator,
Where is the function button which opens up the shortcut
Where is the "function" button which opens up the shortcut menu? I can't find it and can't open up the shortcut menu. Thanks.… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Computer Support Specialist,
I recently had a virus removed from my PC. Now the min/max
I recently had a virus removed from my PC. Now the min/max and close icons are out of sight and I have a black bar down the left side of my computer. How do I move the whole thing over so I can see my… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
Sony Monitor SDM-HS94P I just replaced my old Dell CRT monitor
Sony Monitor SDM-HS94P: I just replaced my old Dell CRT monitor with the above model, after attempting some monitor display adjustments, including color calibration, to try to make digital photos look… read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
I have an ACER monitor which is the second monitor on my laptop.
I have an ACER monitor which is the second monitor on my laptop. I have shared for some time with no problems. Monitor is in the 9X16 configuration a s is my laptop. Believe that we had a power out du… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
I have Photoshop CS3 and a fair knowledge of editing but have
I have Photoshop CS3 and a fair knowledge of editing but have found that colors vary between monitor and prints. The EizoCG222W monitor has been recommended. What are your thoughts on the monitor and … read more
Greg G
Greg G
Director of Information Technology,
Most credits towards B.A. acquired
Stop searching for answers—
WE PURCHASED A USE HP MONITOR AND NEED TO ADJUST THE HEIGHT
WE PURCHASED A USE HP MONITOR AND NEED TO ADJUST THE HEIGHT OF THE PICTURE. ALL THE DISPLAYES ARE STRECHED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. IT SEEMS TO BOTHER MY WIFE'S SENSE OF PROPORTION AND MUST BE FIXED (HAHAH… read more
Scott L
Scott L
Owner,
Type your question I received an acer lap top with
Type your question I received an acer lap top with windows 7 as a gift with no manual in it. Is there a book I can purchase to learn how to use the different features of window 7.such as the camera to… read more
Joshua Grose
Joshua Grose
Principal Systems Engineer,
I just started my acer aspire x1200 desktop with 21.5 inch
I just started my acer aspire x1200 desktop with 21.5 inch monitor. I have no color - everything is in black and white. What happened? It worked fine yesterday (and for the past several months).What d… read more
KeithCH
KeithCH
I have an Acer 241W Monitor Whose screen suddenly went blank;
I have an Acer 241W Monitor Whose screen suddenly went blank; it may flash "Acer" for a split second when I first turn it on, then it's blank. I had a computer tech try to repair about a year ago with… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
I have P221W monitor some pages should be displaying highlit
I have P221W monitor some pages should be displaying highlit text, much like a regular highlighter, but the highlighting does not show up. this monitor is connected to a am5100 desktop and was bought … read more
I have a emachinesW3650 with a Intel945GC chipset. I was told
I have a emachinesW3650 with a Intel945GC chipset. I was told through the emachines tech support that I could hook up dual monitors using a VGA splitter and that I could then view programs like Word o… read more
3pop Technology
3pop Technology
Technology and Innovation Consultant,
Military Trained w/+25 Years Experience