Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My Kindle fire HD will not connect to my Motorola modem without

My Kindle fire HD will not connect to my Motorola modem without a password. I do not have a password XXXXX have tried the default pw which is "MOTOROLA" besides a thirty others that I thought might work. Any suggestions how I can get my Kindle Fire HD connected to my "Motorola Surfboard extreme wireless cable modem gateway"? The Kindle recognizes the modem but ask for password XXXXX I don't know. Please HELP!!

ITTechQ&A :

Hi, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

ITTechQ&A :

Hello

ITTechQ&A :

Do you have any PC with a wireless connection already established to the router?

Customer:

My kindle fire HD will not connect with my modem. Password XXXXX XXXXX and I do not have a password XXXXX the modem.

ITTechQ&A :

Customer:

Yes PC and Printer both. The kindle recognizes the modem but asks for a PW.

ITTechQ&A :

OK, great the reason I ask is because we can recover the password XXXXX a PC which has a wireless connection established.

ITTechQ&A :

Can you tell me what operating system the PC is using? XP, Vista, Windows 7?

Customer:

Great, I am currently on the laptop that is connected to the modem.

ITTechQ&A :

Customer:

Windows 7

ITTechQ&A :

Excellent! I will give you the instructions give me a moment.

Customer:

Okay

ITTechQ&A :

Click on the windows logo start button, in the search box type in manage wireless networks
and hit enter.

The manage wireless box will appear will all of the wireless networks your laptop has connected to. Double click on the wireless network you want to retrieve password XXXXX

A properties box will appear click on the security tab. Then place a check box in show characters, the characters in network key is your password. Use that to connect your Kindle.

ITTechQ&A :

How are you making out?

Customer:

Amen! I am Connected. Thank you so much!!!

ITTechQ&A :

Great, very glad to hear that!

Customer:

Thank you again

Sorry for some reason my screen changed from Chat to Q&A.

Very glad to hear we were able to resolve your issue!