Hi, I am trying to restore a corrupted Excel 2010 file. The

Excel recommended options don't work...
Hi, I am trying to restore a corrupted Excel 2010 file. The Excel recommended options don't work and I need the file urgently. It was corrupted when my computer asked me to scan and fix my flash drive and after that, all my files were simply missing! I installed a filr recovery program, got all my files back, but now they are all in unicode 8 and none of my attempts to convert or read them actually works. What do I do now?? Please help.
M.
10/14/2012
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Hello. Thank you for the question. Is it possible that you can attach one of your Excel files to www.wikisend.com? I can certainly have a look to see if it is possible that anything can be done. Please note that it is possible the files are not able to be recovered in which case I can only explain that is the case. Please let me know if you would like to proceed. Thanks again!

Hi Ben,

Yes, I can send the file. Do I make it attention to you?

When you upload the file to www.wikisend.com, it will give you a link. I'll just need the link it gives you before I can access the file. Thanks again!

Hi Ben, I have signed up for the wikisend service, but it does not seem to work. I think the site is experiencing technical issues. Is there another way I can send the file to you perhaps? It is only 86K.

Yes, please try uploading it to www.megashares.com. Just click Upload file and copy the link it gives you once the file has been uploaded. Thanks

Hi Ben,

OK, here is the link : http://d01.megashares.com/dl/BaBToeV/October 2012 RSTTR Martin & Roxana Botha Vacation.xls

Please let me know if it works?

Thanks.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX going to have a look at this now.
I'm sorry, I am getting an error trying to download the file. Are you sure wikisend.com isn't working? I just tested it and am able to use it without any issue. You don't need to sign in or register for Wikisend. Just go to www.wikisend.com, and there is a button that lets you browse for your file. Once uploaded, it gives you a link which you can share with me. I'll keep trying the megashares download in the mean time. Thanks

Hi Ben,

I uploaded the file for you : http://wikisend.com/download/439718/October 2012 RSTTR Martin & Roxana Botha Vacation.xls

Please let me know if it works.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX see the file now. Was this file converted with software used from www.eqeus.com? It seems the file may have been converted to another file type that is not in Excel format. The source of this file says that the file was converted with software from that website, but it is not possible to convert this back to Excel. Do you have another copy of the file that was not run through conversion software?

Hi Ben,

I have looked for the oldest file I could find and here is the link for the upload : http://wikisend.com/download/388352/September 2012 RSTTR Martin & Roxana Botha Vacation.xls

Thank you.

Thanks. XXXXX can tell from the content of the file is that it is not in any format that could ever be converted back to an Excel file. I'm sorry to say, but it looks like the flash drive suffered a low level problem that left the contents of the drive irreparable.
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer