How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Techie_Ben Your Own Question
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 1773
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Techie_Ben is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i would like to change my number

This answer was rated:

i would like to change my number to my home number so i can cancel the phone and use magicjack and save money can you help me out jerry xxxx. my magicjack my number is XXXXX i would like to get this number xxxxxxxxx let me now ASP thank you email [email protected]

Techie_Ben :

Thank you for the question. You can do this by logging in to your Magic Jack account and selecting "My Subscriptions" or "Phone Numbers" depending on your account. From there,there is an option that says "Transfer". There is a form to fill out and a fee of $19.99 to have your number ported to MagicJack. You should not cancel your home phone service until the number has been successfully ported. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!


Techie_Ben and 5 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i already paid the fee to change the number so what is next. jerry

Thanks for the reply. I assume you also filled out the form that has your home number you are trying to port over too? If so, it takes about a week for this to be completed as MagicJack needs to work with your telephone company to authorize the release and complete the port.