Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

How to adjust contrast on an Lenovo Z380 laptop

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

If you are using Windows 7, please do the following to adjust the brightness:
  1. First, locate the brightness icon in the laptop's keyboard. It is normally printed in orange like the Fn key. It is usually located in the 4 arrow keys. In my case, Arrow Up and Down are for broightness and Left and Right arrows are for volume
  2. When you find your brightness keys, please press and hold the Fn key, then press the corresponding brightness key.
  3. In my Lenovo laptop, it is Fn+Arrow Up to increase brightness and Fn+Arrow Down to decrease brightness

Another way to do this is to do the following:
  1. Click Start => Control Panel
  2. Make sure that the View by type is set to Small icons
  3. Then click on Display
  4. Screen shot here:
  5. Then in the screen that shows up, click on Adjust brightness found in the left sidebar
  6. Here is a screen shot:

7. Then use the slider to adjust the brightness to fit your preferred brightness

Please be sure to rate my answer with 3 or more stars/faces if this helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further. If you have further question, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can adjust the brightness. I want to control the contrast level separately independent of brightness. On my Sony I can do this in the Nvidia Control panel. It does not give me this option on the Lenovo.

Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Chris,

Can you tell me the name of your video card as listed there in your control panel?

Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

GeForce 610M

Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for that information.

Pelase right click on your empty screen then click on Graphic Properties. If you get a mode selection screen, please choose Advanced Mode.

When you get the new screen, please capture a screen shot and post it here like I did in my previous post. There should be settings there. Use the paper clicp icon to attach your screen shot. Another way is to upload the file to http://wikisend.com then give me the File ID or download link to get your screen shot.

Here is the screen shot of my contrast settings for Intel graphics.

Keep me posted.
Jess