Daniel, Certified Technician
Experience:  10 Years of computer support hands on
64443469

I need help setting up Google Cloud Print on my Canon MX892

Customer Question

I need help setting up Google Cloud Print on my Canon MX892 printer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is Dan and I will be assisting you today.

PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING

Follow these instructions:

1.Preparation for printing with Google Cloud Print
-Getting a Google account

To print with Google Cloud Print, you need to have a Google account and register the machine with Google Cloud Print in advance.

If you do not already have an account, you have to create your own account.

CLICK HERE to create an account, access the Google Accounts page and click [SIGN UP], or click [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] in the upper right corner of the Gmail: Email from Google (Google log-in) page, then register the required information..

-If you already have Google account, register the machine.

To use Google Cloud Print to print data, register this machine to Google Cloud Print according to the procedure below. Important – You must have an existing Google account to use Google Cloud Print.

•LAN connection with the machine and internet connection are required to register the machine and to print with Google Cloud Print. Internet connection fees apply.

•This function is available only when IPv4 is selected for TCP/IP settings on Other settings from LAN settings. For instructions about displaying Other settings on the operation panel, refer to the on-screen manual (user's guide) that comes with the printer.

•If the machine's owner changes, delete the machine from Google Cloud Print.

•When you want to delete the registration of the machine from Google Cloud Print, select Web service setup > Other settings > Google Cloud Print setup > Delete from Google Cloud Print. When the confirmation window for deleting the registration of the machine appears, select Yes to delete the registration.

1.Make sure that the machine is turned on.
2.From the HOME window, select Setup, or press the Menu button (MX892 only) and select Web service.
3.Use the OK button to select Web service setup.
4.Use the and buttons and the OK button to select Other settings or Cloud settings.
5.Use the and buttons and the OK button to select Google Cloud Print setup.
6.Use the and buttons and the OK button to select Register with Google Cloud Print.

NOTE
•If you have already registered the machine with Google Cloud Print, the confirmation message to re-register the machine is displayed.

•When a confirmation message asking whether you want to register the machine appears, use the and buttons and the OK button to select Yes. If a language selection message appears, select the desired language.

•If a message related to print data handling is displayed, select the OK button. The confirmation message to print the authentication URL is displayed.

•Load A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the cassette.

•Select the OK button. The authentication URL is printed. This printout is used later in the registration process.

-Check that the URL of the authentication site is printed. Then use the and buttons and the OK button to select Yes.

-IMPORTANT
Registration (authentication) must be completed in 14 minutes. Proceed to the next step promptly.

NOTE
If an error message is displayed indicating that the registration (authentication) failed, start from Step 2 to print the URL again

Performing the Authentication Process

From a PC, smartphone, or other types of PDA, enter the URL printed previously in your Web browser. The URL is case-sensitive. Please enter exactly as on the printout.

If using a device having bar code reader functionality such as a smartphone, the URL can be entered by reading the bar code instead of entering it from the keyboard. If a bar code is not printed, enter the URL manually.

- At the following screen, enter your account information (Gmail address and password), and tap [Sign in].

- At the “Printer Confirmation” screen, tap [Finish printer registration].

When you send print data with Google Cloud Print, the machine receives the print data and prints it automatically if the machine is turned on. When you print from the computer or smartphone with Google Cloud Print, load paper in advance.

Note
-If you want to send the print data from an outside location, turn on the machine in advance.
-Print from the computer or smartphone (example below).

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my answer with one of the top three ratings.

Thank You, Dan
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Please Remember to Rate my answer with one of the top three ratings, this is the only way that I receive credit for my time and answer.

Thank You, Dan