What does " facebook.conduitapps.com" mean in history on my

computer. I have not...
What does " facebook.conduitapps.com" mean in history on my computer. I have not checked my facebook account and it still shows that in my history?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2012
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hello sir/madam, i would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.

Customer:

OK..ready now Jerry.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

hi, is it a browser extension (we call it "plugin" )

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

even if you don't visit this website, it shows in your history because your browser used that plugin

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

in fact it is one of the tens of plugins conduit made. you can see it here: http://apps.conduit.com/search?q=facebook&lang=en

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

i think this plugin was installed automatically when you installed an application. (it came together with it)

Customer:

I'm not sure what that means, does it mean IE used facebook to look at something. I'm not quite up to date on all the computer technology.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

no, it is a "helper" that allows you to view your friends' updates and messages in your internet browser. you can read more: http://apps.conduit.com/FB-App-Facebook-app?appid=a09e6985-3574-4fcd-b796-975649aae18b&lang=en

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

in fact you can delete it. because this kind of plugins generally slows down your internet browser.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

if you don't use it, you can delete it. probably it came with an application that you have installed recently.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

there are alot of plugins like that. you can see this list: http://apps.conduit.com/?lang=en

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

facebook app is one of them..

Customer:

I had never seen that one before, so that plug in would of just been installed?

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes. probably it came with an update. or you have installed a program and it came together with that program. (generally this kind of plugins came with another program; for example itunes, adobe reader etc)

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

it is not a dangerous program (malware or spyware) .. but if you don't use it, you can delete it.

Customer:

OK...I downloaded Infranview, that is probably where it came from.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

yes.

Customer:

I'll delete it...again thanks, XXXXX XXXXX worried someone was using my computer.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

generally "free" programs contain "plug-ins" like that.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

no, don't worry, your computer is safe. it is not a dangerous program.

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

however if you delete it, your browser will be faster.

Customer:

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I'll check into those plug ins as well so I am more familliar with them as well, I'm sure more will pop up...Thanks Jerry!

XXXXX XXXXXnell :

you are welcome, best regards. if something goes wrong , i will be here anytime.

Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell