Hello, I'm Tomas and I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. If the problem is the same with any browser, all indications are that system files of Windows were altered, so my answer is:
1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
2. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
4. On the Select a Restore Point page, choose a restore point created just before the date and time you started noticing problems, finally click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.
7. Click OK.
Now, try to log in to your hotmail account and please tell me the results.
I hope this answers your question. Please rate my answer only if your problem was solved and taking into account that I'll only receive credit if you rate Ok service or Got the job done or higher. Your bonus will be greatly appreciated too. Otherwise, I'll continue assisting you until you are satisfied or your issue is solved. Thank you.