there is a blue square that keep showing up on my screen, that

shows USER MODE...
there is a blue square that keep showing up on my screen, that shows USER MODE

H:47.7kHZ

V:60HZ
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/22/2012
Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

That screen is actually coming from your monitor, not your computer. Does it pop up all the time, or just when you first turn the computer on?
pops up all the time
OK is it a flat screen monitor or one of the older, CRT (box) monitors?
it's a box monitor compaq 2003
Welcome back and sorry for the delay. OK usually this is the result of either a bad connector on the monitor or a loose cable. Can you please check both ends of the VGA cable (that is the cable that attaches the monitor to the computer) and make sure they are tightly fastened? Let me know if they are.

yes they are tight

OK in that case the monitor or the video card may be failing. It could also be a resolution issue, but unfortunately I am not in a position to troubleshoot that right now. I will opt out so that other techs can assist you further. Good luck and sorry I wasn't more help. Thanks!

maybe i was wrong and cords were loose, chec ked them and they didn't feel loose, but the blue square is gone, so i quess that was it.

thankyou very much

constance bailey

Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Constance - glad to hear I could help you out! If you don't mind taking a moment and rating my service I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much and let me know if you need anything else!
Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Erik B.
Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support