Cory
Cory, Computer Technician
Experience:  Computer Repair Technician 5+ Years
8685120

My instructor has asked me to take a screen shot of the settings

My instructor has asked me to take a screen shot of the settings on my computer for the cookies and cache. I am not talking about deleteing the cookies and cache. I want to actually go to where the setting are.
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be happy to assist you.

Please click on Tools then Internet Options
Click on the General Tab
Under Browsing History click on Settings

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please remember to rate my answer, not the site.

I will not get credit for assisting you unless you rate 'Ok Service' or higher and click Submit. (You may need to click Accept)

IF you feel the need to click either 'Poor Service' or 'Bad Service', please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with any questions you have.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Here was his response to my second attempt to give him what he wants.

Sorry Teresa, still wrong. Looking for the settings that clear the cookies/cache

Tori,

I apologize, I did not know you wanted the spot where you delete them. You said ' I am not talking about deleteing the cookies and cache'.

Click on the General Tab.
Under Browsing History click Delete

This is where you delete the Cookies/Cache

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That is the screen shot I sent him, and I still received the answer that I sent you last. Is there a place on the computer that you can go and see the actual settings on the computer for the cookies and cache?

Tori,

The first answer I sent you brought you to this image. I think you clicked Delete instead of settings.

graphic

Click on the General Tab
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have done that but I do not see any "settings" in that box. I see only information about what is stored, how many days before dumping history, etc. I see nothing about cookies or cache settings

Is this in your computer or Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

In my computer. I am so frustrated after hours of dealing with this I may not have made myself clear. Let me try once more.

first instruction received: do a screen shot of the settings on your computer for the cookies and cache. I sent him the page with delete browing history.

His response: Teresa, the screen shot is incorrect. The screen shot should show the settings

I sent him another screen shot of of the page where you can set your bar toggle to go from low to high for security and to limit the types of cookies you receive

His next response: Sorry Teresa, still wrong. Looking for the settings that clear the cookies/cache

That's where we are now. I went back in and didn't see the other screen I thought I had sent him...being the one that comes after delete browser history and all the items are checked and can be unchecked if need be. I am not sure if I didn't send it properly or if it did send and this program they use doesn't show all sends. I'm so freaking tired now I just don't know. So...do you think that is the page he is looking for??

Yes, I do.

That screen this is where you can delete the cookies(that is listed) and the temp internet files are the cache.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Cory. I thought it was the right one when I sent it the first time. then come to find out that there is a possibility that the send didn't take place. At least you and I agree. If it is n't right then I think his question is the problem. Thanks
Your welcome, Tori!

If you need to follow-up about this, you are welcome to anytime.

Have a good evening!