how to fix error code oxcoooo135 mauually.when i go to update

programs I get this message...
how to fix error code oxcoooo135 mauually.when i go to update programs I get this message from download manager exe fdownload failed to initialize error code oxc0000135.I am running awindows xp through firefox on a veriton 1000 computer.thank you for yur help the other day regarding the administrator .your assistance was invaluable.
6/17/2012
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
oxcoooo135 really is vague, basically what is happening is a program is crashing, if you click start->run and type msconfig you will be able to choose "Selective Startup".
Then go through each listing of programs that start when your computer starts and disable each entry (1 at a time).
After you disable 1 startup entry then restart the computer to see if the error message appears again.
If it does repeat the above steps but re-enable the last thing you disabled previously and move down the list and disable another item. This will allow you to weed out which startup item/program/process is crashing on you. Alternatively you could open msconfig and see all the startup entries you have.
Also you can try this if that did not work:
1) Start up your computer system then login as an administrator.
2) Then click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, Tools, and after that click Restore.
3) Inside the new screen, click on “Restore my personal computer to a prior time” then click on Next.
4) Choose the most up to date restore date from the “click a restoration point” listing, then click Next.
5) Click Next on the confirmation window. 6) Restart your computer system after the restoration is completed.
also if you go to this website:http://techwithric.com/fixedthe-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0000135b, it is saying you can install the .net framework to get rid of error. It could be a number of things.

Also you can restore to previous date before you start getting that error to see if that will help also.
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
yes please it appears to be a little more complicated .I think it may have a problem in .net framework and i have no idea how to fix that.I tried the run misconfig trick but windows did not recognise this.I also tried to restore computer to previous settings as you suggested but to no avail.Any clues on this would be appreciated and no i do not have windows x p disk
if you are getting this from download manager.exe then it sounds like you have a virus in your computer. go to your control manager and uninstall download manager.exe or it might be even called Versalsoft (you might have to go into safe mode (usually f8 key to uninstall this virus).

Then scan your computer for viruses with your anti virus or download the free Malwarebytes from http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html (not all antivirus software catches every virus).

Also make sure you follow these instructions:

Advanced Resolution (manual update):

1) Start the laptop or computer and then log on as the administrator.

2) Click the Get started button then select Programs, Accessories, Tools, and after that click on System Restore.

3) From the next screen, click “Restore my personal computer to an earlier time” and after that click on Next.

4) Find the freshest restore point in the “select a restoration date” list, then click Next.

5) Then click the Next button in the confirmation screen.

6) Reboot your computer after the rescue has finished.

what .net framework are you working with 3.5, 4.0 etc?
helpe4d a little but have no idea whether i
even have a .net framework.this is a continuation to a problem which originally occurre4d 3 months ago.when u say control manager where is this lo0cated and how do u access it.I have tried control panel internet search computer search all to no availIt is not listed in my user manual please advise
go to start, type in control panel or you will see your control panel on right hand side after you click on your start button (looks like a windows button so that you can see your programs). go to control panel and look for .net and see if you have it or not. if you don't see it there then click on start button go to search and click on .net. if you don't have it there then go to your internet and download .net framework. You can type that into the internet and go to any site you want to download it from. This is the Microsoft one: http://www.Microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851.
i know where control panel is however u did say control manager .that being of no consequence.I have checked and can not find any signof the .net framework.I think it may have been accidentally wiped when i tried to upgrade my .net framework some time ago.I think u are correct by saying it is in download manager but i have no idea how to either access this or what to do when i get there.i am sorry I have not had opportunity before todqay to try your suggestions.unfortunately none of the suggestions worked because I still keep getting same message.any further assistance would be gratful as I am just about to through the damn thing out
download manager is up top in the previous instructions (3rd answer about a download manager.exe virus).

Then scan your computer for viruses with your anti virus or download the free Malwarebytes from http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html (not all antivirus software catches every virus). If you can not scan in regular mode go into safe mode and scan your computer with Malwarebytes. (It usually picks up what your regular antivirus can not pick up and I usually have two anti virus on my computer just in case it does that).

Advanced Resolution (manual update):

If you do not have .net framework go to this website and install it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21 (that is for windows xp).

Once again please DO NOT rate, accept or leave feedback until you are satisfied and please RATE as 4 and above.
we seem to be going round in circles .i have tried control panel and can find no evidence of download manager,or in run,or in search, so can see my confusion.please explain again how to access download manager as this has to be fixed first before i can fix .net framework
go here to download the latest version of download manager: http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support/solution_ie9.html. then see if it fixes the error. If not go to the .net frame website: http://www.Microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851. and download the .net fram.

If that still doesn't fix error try doing a restore to previous date.

Keep me posted.

Please DO NOT rate, accept or leave feedback if you are NOT COMPLETELY satisfied.
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
ok one last try.I entered the http site u recommended however no luck as i keep getting same message from download manager exe;failed to initiate download error code oxc(NNN) NNN-NNNNIn regard to the second site u mentioned I have already tried that several times to no avail.Once again I get same error message.Once again any other suggestionswould be welcome or do u think i need a geek to look at computer

Do me a favor and download .net from this Microsoft site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263 (click on install it now

Then restart your computer and try to update your program that you were trying to update and let me know if you are still getting that error code.

i once again tried to do as you requested and once again i was unable to download the site you recommended,The problem is getting worse as the computer will not allow me to download anything.For your information i will give you exactly the message i receive on my computer Downloadmanager.exe-application error.This appears in a blue box.
Then 0x The application failed to initialise(the x is inside the o)
properly(oxc0000135).Click on ok to terminate application

ok
i hope this sheds some more light on the problem
Can you boot into Safe Mode by tapping Function 8 when you switch on, until you can see the Advanced Boot menu?

if you can load Safe Mode go Start then Run and type msconfig into the box and hit Enter. Click the Startup tab and untick everything, click Apply and OK your way out. Let the system restart and let it try Normal Mode

If that fixes the problem with that error code you are good to go. You might have picked up a virus. Go to http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html (malwarebytes and it is free to download and run) and scan your computer completely (some anti virus software do not pick up everything).

Registry troubles are a common cause of computer errors, including 0xc0000135. As you use your system, open and close, install or remove programs, the Registry accumulates orphaned or other invalid keys and entries, or registry holes. 0xc0000135 error occurs when a corrupted Registry entry is accessed. For example, Windows may be attempting to load a driver no longer installed on your computer but is called by the Registry. Cleaning and repairing the registry manually is good only for computer experts because the risk to damage the registry and disable the system is very high.

So you can download a registry cleaner at any site that you want as long as it is free (don't want you to have to buy it).
i gave up eventually and did not try your last suggestion.I put computer in for repair and had windows 7 loaded into the computer.This has solved both the download problem and .net problem.Another souce suggested that i reload windows xp however i did not have disc so the cost would have been about $60 and it only cost an extra $50 to get windows 7 and the disc.Thank you for your assistance and your patience with a computer illiterate like me
No problem, thank you for the rating.
cvd4311
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst