When I go into Windows Explorer it keeps kicking me out saying…

When I go into Windows...
When I go into Windows Explorer it keeps kicking me out saying it has encountered a problem and must close
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/5/2012
Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Is this Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer that is giving you the error message?
internet explorer

Sorry for the delay! Please do the following to reset Internet Explorer and see if that corrects your problem. If it doesn't please let me know and we will continue working on the issue. This process will remove things like third party toolbars, but all of your data (favorites, history, etc) will remain intact. Thank you.

• 1. Make sure this is the only Internet Explorer window open.
  • 2. Click on Tools -> Internet Options. NOTE: if you don't see the word Tools, please press the ALT key on your keyboard to make it appear.
  • 3. Click the Advanced tab in the Internet Options screen.
  • 4. Click the RESET button.
  • 5. Click RESET again on the confirmation screen.
  • 6. Restart Internet Explorer and see if the problem is resolved.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Did not resolve problem. I wiil teach you what I learnt and it will help you. What I did do is go to add/remove take out Inernet Explorer Eight, rebooted then went to Windows update, put in updates that, where, some from ie 6 than reinstalled 8 and it works fine. Peter