I cannot sign in to MSN because of an error message that…

Customer Question
I cannot sign in to...
I cannot sign in to MSN because of an error message that says "cannot verify subscription" The number 39 shows up under MSN butterfly icon.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
5/3/2012
Tech Support Specialist: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Chris L., Support Specialist
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Starting March 1st there was change in policy between MSN and Verizon which changed the function of the butterfly and if you would be able to use it. For a full list of changes please see the following page:
http://membercenter.msn.com/verizonfaq.aspx#_A007

In short to continue using the butterfly you need to purchase a retail subscription of MSN Premium directly from Microsoft, or by taking no action, your account will simply be converted to a “free” version of MSN/Hotmail/Live email. This means you will access email by going to http://www.hotmail.com rather than using the MSN Premium software (the MSN butterfly).

If you did purchase MSN Premium

Please try the following:
Right-click the notification area at the far right of the taskbar, which displays your clock and/or other icons.

Click Adjust Date/Time.

On the Date and Time Properties screen, confirm the current date and time settings and make adjustments as necessary. Click Apply and then OK when you are finished.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Please reply to me on the original question, you do not need to open a new one.

You can log into your account at www.hotmail.com you will use the same log in as you did for the butterfly.

If you do not know your password ***** go to this page to reset it:
http://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Thank You

Hi Chris. I've tried the clock thing and I've also been on every site trying to access my msn emails...to no avail.

If there is a step by step way to get it from BOTH Windows live and hotmail please write them down for me. I cannot seem to figure it out.

I have another computer that still gets msn. I guess because of my recent updates on the troubled HP, I am now required to purchase MSN premium which is $200!

Thanks,

Kristy

Hi Kristy,

I need to know what happens when you try to log into hotmail by going to www.hotmail.com

Let me know any error you receive.

Thanks

I can log into hotmail, it's just trying to get my msn mail from there or anywhere else that is the problem.

I have tried linking other email addresses to the hotmail one to check it all. If you want to see what i'm going through, try to do it yourself... :-) It's not possible, I don't think, but I hope you will prove me wrong.

MSN, Live, and Hotmail can all be logged into through the same place. These are all provided by Microsoft.

For example if I have an email account called***@******.*** I can log into this account at hotmail.com Also if I have an account called***@******.*** I can go to live.com and log into it.

So I think this may just be a case of confusion rather than techinical issue.

Please go to this link and log into your msn account:
https://login.live.com/

Please try and let me know what happens.

Thank You

I'm sorry, it just isn't working...
I really had high hopes to be able to use the butterfly MSN icon to get my mail. It's not you, it's the system.
Thank you for trying.
Kristy
Hi Kristy,
I am sorry you are having trouble. It is unfortunate that they are charging money for the butterfly now. If it helps here is the number to MSN Sales and Support at 1-***-***-****

You may want to call and see what kind of pricing they can give you if you just want access to the butterfly. I believe MSN premium is $20 a month but that includes internet service which you do not need so perhaps you can get it cheaper if you only want the butterfly and not other parts of the service.

Thank you for your patience and following all of my suggestions.

Have a great day.
-Chris