Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My cursor keeps jumping around while I am typing a paper.

My cursor keeps jumping around while I am typing a paper. For example, if I had recently typed a word with the letter "t" a few sentences later if I am typing a word with a "t" the cursor jumps up to that line. It is driving me insane! How to stop it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

This is most likely caused by your palms/hands/static/warmth causing it to jump around, but thankfully there is a program called Touchfreeze that will freeze the touchpad while you are typing.

Click here -----> (the link in the green box once you click on the link): http://bit.ly/bxHmc2

Please download and install it

Once you install it, try typing again. The program will run in the background so it will not affect anything on your computer.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

May I try that first and see if it solves the problem?

Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.
Absolutely!

I have helped thousands of users and it has helped everyone.

You can also 'Rate my answer' and/or press Accept then come back if you need help