Ive lost my favorites bar! How do I retrieve it?

Customer Question
I've lost my favorites bar...
I've lost my favorites bar! How do I retrieve it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Computer
4/11/2012
Tech Support Specialist: Frederick S., Computer Specialist replied 5 years ago
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you! Do not forget to rate my answer quality before you go. Let's get started!

Can you please tell me what web browser you are using? Is it Internet Explorer? Firefox? Or are you not sure?

Internet Explorer
To get toolbars back in Internet Explorer, please hold the keys (ALT + V) then pick View > Toolbars > and pick Menu bar. Then go back to View (should be in the top left now) and select Toolbars > Favorites bar.

Let me know how that works for you.
Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Hi

For some reason you Accepted an answer that didn't work for you, then left negative feedback, which isn't how the site works.

It seems, then, that you aren't looking for the Favorites bar. If you meant to say that your Favorites are missing, then follow these instructions instead:

You can also pick Favorites from the top-right corner or top-left side (the small star ico) and click the "Favorites" tab (if it isn't already selected) to see a pane on the side of the web browser with all of your favorites instead of going to the "Favorites" menu option.

You can also press CTRL + B to bring up Favorites, or CTRL + SHIFT + I

You can also pick your Favorites from the 'Favorites" menu in the top left.

Glad I was able to provide you with four additional solutions.

God bless, and be sure to not leave negative feedback for your next Expert whenever you have another question; just hit "Reply" instead! :)
I am not satisfied with the answer. I had a favorites bar permanately on the left side of my window, and now it is not there. I can get my favorites by clcking on it at the top but that is not what I wont!!!
Hi

I will need your web browser version (7, 8, or 9). It's possible that your web browser was recently upgraded, causing that change.

Please go here and tell me what the web browser version is: http://supportdetails.com/

And no need to continually state how dissatisfied you are. I will help you until we resolve your concerns; thanks.

FS
I am using windows7
Hi

Here's my question again

FS
Microsoft Windows 7
Hi

Sorry for the delay.

Please look at the link I sent you

Look under Web Browser, not Operating System, please.

Next to Internet Explorer will be a number.

What is that number, please?

FS
Ok I'm sorry I am an old fart that dosen't know anything. How do I get my web browser
Go to http://supportdetails.com/

Look under Web Browser

What does it say next to Internet Explorer? 7, 8, 9?

FS
It says 9
So you will click the star in the top right

Then click the arrow to lock it onto the left side of the screen:

FS
Yes that did it. I am sorry I've been a pita!
You're fine; no need to apologize! Glad we got it working :) Have a great day.

FS
By accepting this answer will I have to pay again???
Hi

You've already Accepted once, so no need to do it again.

FS
ok
Frederick S., Computer Specialist