I have aproblem with my PC when using a mail or internet software…

Customer Question
I have aproblem with my...
I have aproblem with my PC when using a mail or internet software as it often fails to hold the frame which I have displayed, ie trying to fill in a form like updating my cash on the lottery I oftem find that before completing the form it reverts back to the previous frame which is very annoying. is this something you can assist me with. cheers... Read full answer
I have aproblem with my PC when using a mail or internet software as it often fails to hold the frame which I have displayed, ie trying to fill in a form like updating my cash on the lottery I oftem find that before completing the form it reverts back to the previous frame which is very annoying. is this something you can assist me with. cheers Jeff
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
4/5/2012
Tech Support Specialist: Jess, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Internet Explorer web browser, the one with the blue "e" icon, to access your email and sites?
Yes . and windows 7
Thank you for writing back with that information.

This problem could be related to your Internet Explorer web browser. First, please RESET your IE Settings:

HOW TO RESET YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS
1. Exit all open programs
2. Launch Internet explorer
3. Click on Tools menu
4. Click on Internet Options
5. Click the Advanced tab
6. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset.
7. Then in the message that pops up, click Reset button again to confirm the action.
8. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
9. Start Internet Explorer again.

Another way to RESET the IE Settings is through Control Panel.

1. Click Start => Control Panel
2. Locate and click to open Internet Options (If you do not have the Internet Options listed, locate the "View by" selection and see if it is set to Category. Click on it then select SMALL ICONS.
3. When the Internet Options dialog box is shown, click on the ADVANCED tab
4. Look for the RESET button at the bottom part and then click on it.
5. Another window will pop out, click on RESET in that window.
6. Click on Apply
7. Click OK to close
8. Test Internet Explorer again

IMPORTANT: If the problem persists, please try to download, install and use Firefox as an alternative browser. Firefox is FREE. It is a better, safer and faster web browser. Please click on this link to download Firefox:

http://firefox.com

After downloading, install Firefox and use it to browse your sites online then see if the problem is gone.

I hope you find my answer helpful. If you do, please ACCEPT and leave a positive feedback if you are satisfied. A bonus is always greatly appreciated.

If the problem continues, please let me know by posting a reply so that I can help you further.

If the problem is NOT solved, please do not leave a negative feedback. Instead, post a REPLY so that we can continue further.

Best regards,
Jess
Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Hi Jess will try your suggestion . having troible holding the frames. will contact you later. Jeff
Hi Jeff, thank you for writing back. Yes, please take your time and let me know your results. Also, don't forget to try using Firefox, it is a better browser.

Best regards,
Jess
Hi Jess. no the frames are still jumping .what next? jeffWill try firefox.Jeff
Yes, please try Firefox and see if it works. Also, is this happening in all web sites?
have loaded firefox waiting for good results.Jeff
Ok. Please take your time then let me know.
Jess
Is it ok to get back tomorrow as I have to go out now.Jeff
Yes, no problem. Just bookmark this page so that you can get back to me through the bookmarks/favorites. Or you can click on the link in the email that you got from JustAnswer.com.

When you post a reply here tomorrow, I will be notified through email so i can then get back to you immediately.

Regards,
Jess
Hi Jess. Well I have been using Firefox now for several days and although the problem is not so frequent it is still here and its rearly annoying. what next? cheers Jeff
The problem could be caused by the website itself. Which particular website are the browsing where this problem is seen? Is this happening only to particular site? Or at random sites?

Also, have you disabled the startup programs and services using the MSCONFIG method?

Keep me posted.
Jess
Hi Jess. the problem occurs on different websites and also in my mail. i will have a lok at using msconfig.cheers Jeff
Hi Jeff, thank you for writing back.

Yes, please try to disable the startup items and services then test if the problem is gone. To disable some programs at startup, please do the following:

1. Click on Start => RUN
  2. In the RUN box, type this command and click OK: msconfig
  3. You shall see then the System Configuration dialog window
  4. Click on the SERVICES tab
  5. Click to select the option "Hide Microsoft services"
  6. Then click DISABLE ALL button
  7. Then click the STARTUP tab
  8. Then click on DISABLE ALL button
  9. This should disable all listed startup programs at startup so all the checks there should disappear. However, please locate your Antivirus software there and click on it to restore the check mark.
  10. Then click APPLY
  11. Click OK to close the System Configuration window
  12. Restart your computer.
  13. When you are prompted with a pop up window regarding the changes you made with the System Configuration Utility, please cancel it or close it.
  14. Then test if the system is now gaining some speed and if the problem is gone

Keep me posted.
Jess

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
The computer keeps trying to update to the newer Win-10
The computer keeps trying to update to the newer Win-10 version but after a while aborts and gives me the following error message: … read more
Studying for Masters Degree in IT,
My windows 7 will not complete configuration during start-up.
My windows 7 will not complete configuration during start-up. It repeatedly fails at 46% complete and then reverts to previous revisions. I need help fixing that issue.… read more
Software Expert,Im having an annoying problem when I use
Software Expert, I'm having an annoying problem when I use copy and paste. After I highlight the text and depress Ctrl 'C', when I place my cursor where I want to move the text that was copied, I depr… read more
Joshua C.
Joshua C.
Technical Service Representative,
Stop searching for answers—
my account,[email protected], was blocked. Confirmation
my account,[email protected], was blocked. Confirmation was requested [email protected], an account that was never mine. I had to create a new account,[email protected] to try to get this problem resolved. … read more
It Support Specialist,
My password XXXXX to be reset. I tried and it worked once.
My password XXXXX to be reset. I tried and it worked once. Now I'm told I can't try for a new password XXXXX another 24 hours. I can't wait that long. Also, I get a popup that won't leave my screen to… read more
It Support Specialist,
Not a tech. question, but I recieved email saying Ive won
Not a tech. question, but I recieved email saying I've won FB lottery, but need to submit my soc. #. Is this spam? The mail looked official, but I'm not completely convinced...… read more
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
As instructed by Yahoo, I downloaded a browser update and have
As instructed by Yahoo, I downloaded a browser update and have lost all 2011 and some of 2010 inbox emails. Can you direct me as to how to retrieve them?… read more
Jess
Jess
Computer Support Specialist,
Good Morning. Yesterday my computer decided it wanted to do
Good Morning. Yesterday my computer decided it wanted to do something a little different. When I am in my e-mail and I make a new message, the new message does not display completely on my screen. I s… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
This time Im having problems with my Yahoo site on my computer.
This time I'm having problems with my Yahoo site on my computer. I can't access my mail, where I find my incoming, sent, trash, files, etc. When I click on "Mail" it does nothing. Since I can't open m… read more
Managing Director,
I am in Scotland and I just tried to download IE9. Since
I am in Scotland and I just tried to download IE9. Since doing so almost everything has gone wrong with my PC (I'm currently using my wife's PC to type this). My Blackberry desktop manager will not wo… read more
Computer Software Engineer,
When I go to a website, old or new, very often a message comes
When I go to a website, old or new, very often a message comes up in the middle of my window reading: "This page contains secure and non secure items. Do you want to display the non secure items?" Ans… read more
Computer Specialist,
we continue on a daily basis, sometimes multiple occurences,
we continue on a daily basis, sometimes multiple occurences, get a message that says MSN not responding (butterfly) this sometimes recoveries but most of the time we have to power off the PC because t… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
Stop searching for answers—
I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s3500f PC running Windows Vista.
I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s3500f PC running Windows Vista. When I start up (or restart) the machine a "window" appears that has something to do with (I believe) some type of video display. I can … read more
Maggie P
Maggie P
HNC Computing
How can I track a temporary internet file set up by a scam
How can I track a temporary internet file set up by a scam file:/C:\User\Audrey\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\… read more
Network & System Administrator,
i have had a new hard drive put on my laptop. you recommended
i have had a new hard drive put on my laptop. you recommended that i purchase a recovery disc, which i have. Laptop now says install instalation disc, registry file is missing / corrupt? what do i do … read more
Cris
Cris
My deskjet 5850 has stopped printing complete documents from
My deskjet 5850 has stopped printing complete documents from word e-mails etc. What can I do?… read more
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
IT Technician,
my display will not work and when i uninstall and redownload
my display will not work and when i uninstall and redownload i get a microsoft message and when i go past it it tries to install but locks up… read more
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Amit - The Real Computer Expert
Master of Philosophy
Software that will allow me to scan and fill forms
I need a user-friendly software program that will allow me to scan forms to my computer, fill in the blanks on the forms and print out the completed forms.… read more
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert
Maintenance Specialist/Tech III,