Boot Manager error 0xc000000f - Windows 7 64 bit

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Computer
4/1/2012
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

I am familiar with this error, we have to get to the command prompt screen to fix it.

Question, if you shut down your computer.. Start it, and immediately start tapping F8

Do you see any option similar to " repair your computer?"

if so, choose it.. Then choose the command prompt selection.. let me know when your looking at the black command prompt screen where we can enter commands..

Thanks!
Dustin'
When I get to the "repair your computer" it goes right back to the Boot Manager error 0xc000000f.
Ok..

two more questions.. Whats the name brand and model of y our computer?

And also, do you have a windows 7 install disk handy?
Computer is HP Pavillion Dv6
Thanks.

Lets try the following next.

Shut down the computer, start it.

Immediately press and hold the ctrl ( control keY)

While holding that key, rapidly tap the F10 and F11 key.. ( you must do all this during the first half second to 2.5 seconds from the moment you press power)

It should try to load the recovery manager.. Does it try to load the recovery manager? ( dont proceed with any recovey yet if it does, as some of them will erase your files on the pc)
I didn't get recovery manager - I got InsydelH20 Setup Utility
Grey screen with Blue stripe on top.

Neglected to tell you I do not have a Windows 7 install disc
Understand..

When you get the insyde setup utility, what options is it now showing on screen?
I have several - Main; Security; Diagnostics; System Configuration & Exit
Thats the bios setup..

Ok.. Lets shut down,, start..

and only hold ctrl and tapp f10

does that take you to the iNsyde utility ? ( if so, we dont want that utility, so shut down)

Shut down if we get the Insyde utility.

Start, and now hold ctrl and tap F11

Does that take us to something besides the insyde utility?
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
I got the recovery screen with tapping F11. It says BOOTMGR is missing, press Cntrl, Alt, Delete to restart.
Ok. The recovery screen refuses to load.. It immediately goes from the recovery screen..

To Bootmgr is missing?

I can fix t he boot manager issue, but we have to somehow boot into the recovery console or the command prompt.

Please try the F11 screen a few times, we need it to load.. If it refuses to load.

Then we may have to manually create a windows 7 repair disk ourselves.. And run the command prompt from that.
Tried 20 times - same result
thanks, and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

What we need to do is create a windows 7 repair disk.

download and install bitttorent ( free) here is the link

http://www.bittorrent.com/

then, once this is installed,you will need to download and install imgburn .here is the link

http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/ImgBurn/1128426215/1

once both are downloaded and installed..

then, go to the link below. and click on the green link to download either the 32 bit edition, or the 64 bit edition, depending on what version of windows 7 you have

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

when you click to download, it only downloads a small starter file.. you need to open that file with bit torrent.. It will be inside bit torrent that the whole file downloads..

Once fully downloaded, you will need to open imageburn, then, it has a menu with six choices, choose , burn image file to disk

then browse to the image file for windows 7 we downloaded inside bittorrent..

Allow imageburn to burn it to disk..

Once the disk is created, then you will need to boot the computer from this disk.. That way we can access the restore menu.. Let me know if you get stuck.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist