Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

how do get rid of this Met Police porn Scams. I can get safe

Customer Question

how do get rid of this Met Police porn Scams. I can get safe mode with networking and downloaded Spyhunter 4
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

DOnt pay the money the ad is asking for!! Thats part of the scam..

Lets try a different program, go back to safe mode with networking.. Then download this free program..

Please go to the link below and download the free version of malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You will have to click through a few windows, make sure to only download malwarebytes, As their are several other programs on the download pages that says.. download me!! Read carefully, and only download malwarebytes..

the file name that will download is called mbamsetup.exe

Click Download, and then click save.. It will download and save the file..

Once downloaded, Run the file we just downloaded to install it..

Once installed,, Start malwarebytes ( it will be a M icon on your desktop)

Have it do a fullscan.

Let me know if it finds any infected objects.. before removing what it finds.. Dont close malwarebytes when its finished. Leave it open. That way After you tell me what it found, we can decide if we want to remove it..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Still waiting for a reply
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
I havent seen any response from you since i sent this last message..

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Have it do a fullscan.

Did you see this message, and were you able to run the full scan I suggested of malwarebytes already? Please clarify,.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did but it sad it was unable to scan in safe mode. I accepted and started scan anyway. It has reached 207000 objects scanned with no objects detected. It is working through programme files now
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Excellent..

keep me updated as the scan finishes, or if it runs into any issues or errors.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It has since detected i object so I will coninue with full scan and let you know.

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Thanks.. I will be here for another 6 hours or so,, the scan should be finished well before then..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

trojan.agent in app data\local\dplayx.dll

trojan.ransom in appdata\local\temp\002b0454.tmp

trojan.Zbbot.HWGen appdata\local\temp\39F5.tmp

trojan.Zbbot.HWGen appdata\local\temp\ch810.exe

Registry data PUM.Hijack.TaskManager\HKCU\SOFTWARE\ms\windows\currentversion\policies\systemldisabletaskmgr

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
Thanks.

We definitely need to telll it to remove those..

Have it remove everything, and then restart the computer.

This should take care of the virus, and the issue you have been having.. If the popups and program are still present though.. let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well its opened in desktop. Thank the lord. I have remote access to my office. If you can give me names and addresses of those responsible, I'll pop round and introduce myself! Thanks for your help
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 years ago.
I wish I could! ( as far as t he names and addresses)

Groups that usually put out these viruses dont advertise who they are, or list their addresses in phonebooks.

You can view the link below for further details.. I can assure you that your not the first person to be affected by that virus .

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2011/06/remove-metropolitan-police-ransomware.html