Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

Have a MagicJackPlus. Do I need a router or modem. I have a

Have a MagicJackPlus. Do I need a router or modem. I have a MIFI2200 hotspot from Verizon that is wireless and plugged into the house wiring for power. Then I have an IPad and a Dell Desktop XP. I put a wireless USB hub plugged into the Desktop XP to pickup the MIFI 2200 signal. Where do I plug in the MagicJackPlus to make it work without having to leave the desktop on all the time?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. The new magicJack PLUS can be plugged into a router or broadband modem, which means it can be used with or without a computer. On the left of the MagicJack unit you have a socket for the phone cable and one for the LAN cable. Connect the lan cable directly from MJ to your router. Please check this tutorial for a closer look of setting up MJ+

Regards
Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK