authentech
authentech, Systems Admin
Experience:  I am a MS Certified Systems Engineer
58460175

how can i recover my xbox live account on another xbox; when

how can i recover my xbox live account on another xbox; when ive forgotten my windows live id password XXXXX i havent used it in ten years....?

authentech :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist with this.

authentech :

Go to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/windows-live-id/xbox-live-sign-in

authentech :

This is the xbox live support site.

authentech :

Under the heading

I forgot my Windows Live ID password

authentech :

click reset Windows Live ID.

authentech :

Then follow the prompts to reset your password. Once this is done, you can simply sign into a new xbox with your live ID and password XXXXX transfer your account

Customer:

ive tried that and request was denied

authentech :

Why was it denied?

authentech :

Did they include a reason?

Customer:

not enough info to prove i am me...

authentech :

Do you know the email address used?

Customer:

yes it is [email protected]

authentech :

don't type it here just answer if you know it and have access to it

authentech :

Can you still access that account?

Customer:

the email? cant acess it without my windows live id password...

Customer:

thats why im having probs

authentech :

So this is an MSN email account?

authentech :

It's possible to have an email account that is associated with your Windows Live Id that is not an MSN email address...that is why I am confirming

Customer:

i dont believe so...it was 10 years ago that i made the account i think its just a hotmail

authentech :

Yes, hotmail is MSN...same thing

authentech :

Here is the instructions for trying to recover your hotmail email password:

authentech :

Secret question

When signing up for your account, you have been asked to choose a secret question from the list and provide an answer. You can use this option to recover your password XXXXX choosing "Forgot your password?" at the bottom of the screen before signing in. This will open a new browser and you will be directed to this link: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?mkt=EN-US

• 1. Enter your account name ([email protected]).

• 2. Enter the characters displayed in the required field.

• 3. Click "Continue".

• 4. When asked to select the option for resetting your password, choose "Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity".

• 5. Choose your location from the list (it must correspond to the location you entered upon the creation of your account). Enter your secret answer in the required field. Click "Continue".

Send password XXXXX instructions to your alternative email address

If you do not remember the answer to the secret question, you can also try to send the password XXXXX instruction to the alternative email address entered upon account creation.

Note: You should know the substitute email address that has been suggested upon registration of your account.
.

• 1. Choose "Send password XXXXX instructions to me in email".

• 2. Select "Alternate email address". Click continue.

• 3. "Password XXXXX instructions were sent to your alternate e-mail address.

If you don't see the e-mail message in your inbox, look for it in your junk mail folder or check your e-mail again later
." will display on your screen.

• 4. You can now check your email to get the reset instructions.

• 5. Copy the link provided in a new browser to confirm the request. It might take a few minutes to process the information.

• 6. Enter the correct information in the required fields to confirm your identity and reset your new password.

authentech :

If you cannot recover this password XXXXX to not knowing the security question answers, then it's time to create a new Windows Live ID using a current email address. This will force you to create a new xbox live account as well, but you will be back up and running on your xbox in no time.

authentech :

I hope I have helped you. Please click ACCEPT to give me credit for assisting you as this is how I get paid. Thanks and good luck!!!

Customer:

sorry that doesnt help..ive tried all that..trying to get help so i dont need to start a new account...just paid for a year subscription on my old account

authentech :

The next step would be to call xbox help directly

authentech :

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us#2:1

authentech :

You can request a call after filling out this information. I believe they call you within one minute. Then explain the problem and see if they can cancel/refund the payment and add to a new account if that's the main problem. You can also try getting support with the xbox live id issue.

authentech :

Or:

authentech :

Call us directly by dialing:

• Toll free:
    (800) 4MY-XBOX or(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>
  • Hearing impaired (TDD device):
    (866)(NNN) NNN-NNNN or(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>

• 9 am to 1 am Eastern Time

• 6 am to 10 pm Pacific Time

authentech :

Please click ACCEPT to give me credit for assisting you

Customer:

ok thanks for trying to help with my problem...

Customer:

am i to be charged? and how much?

authentech :

You have already been charged $38 to the site. I only get paid FROM the site if you click accept. Me getting credit for helping you is separate from your having paid the site if that makes sense

Customer:

the site pays you...and i pay them i see.... yes thanks again