Having trouble connecting to internet. I keep getting

Customer Question
having trouble connecting to internet...
having trouble connecting to internet. I keep getting message it is disablesd, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK???
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
3/6/2012
Tech Support Specialist: ratonxi, Computer Scientist replied 6 years ago
ratonxi
ratonxi, Computer Scientist
hi,
Thank you for using JustAnswer,
Could you tell me the model number of your Tablet device?
Thank you
Archos, 8o G9
hi,
Thank you for your repply,
Well, the problem seems that you have an outdated firmware installed in your Archos unit. The firmware is like the Operational system of your device. In the Version 3.2.46 - September 23rd, 2011 of the firmware file, Archos add a fix for Wifi WPA2 access. Exactly this one:
Wi-Fi: fix low throughput on some access points when using WPA2/AES encryption
You have two options now. You can change the encryption of your Wifi connection or you can update the firmware of your device.
For the first one, I would need the model number of your wireless router.
For the second option, you an download and install a new version of the firmware in your Archos device from the link outlined bellow:
http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/updates_fwm.html?country=us&lang=en
In that page, select your Tablet unit, Archos 80/101 G9. You will then see the instruction to update the firmware as well as the firmware update utility.
Let me know if you need any clarification as I will be most than glad to answer all your further questions.
Regards! If that helped, please, don't forget to accept my answer!
ratonxi
ratonxi, Computer Scientist
how do I do the second one when I cannot get on the internet???
hi,
Thank you for your repply,
But yo uhave internet on your computer right? It's not necessary that you have your Archos unit connected to the internet. Simply, follow the instructions outlined bellow:
Without a WiFi Connection
Step 1. Download the firmware to your computer
When you download the update file, your browser may warn you that the file 'could be harmful'. This is normal because browsers are not familiar with files that have a .AOS extension and suspect that they could be malicious. These files are not harmful to your computer.
Step 2. Connect the ARCHOS to your computer with the USB cable.
Once the cable is connected, select "Mount" on your Archos and wait a few seconds for the ARCHOS to be detected by the computer.
Step 3. Copy and paste the downloaded firmware (.AOS file) onto the ARCHOS device
Your ARCHOS device will be detected as a 'Hard Drive' in Windows® Explorer. Open this Hard Drive and you will see the various ARCHOS folders inside (Video, Music, etc.). Paste the update file into this area but be careful not to paste it into any of the folders there.
Step 4. Disconnect the Device
Once the file is finished copying to the ARCHOS, unplug the USB cable.
Step 5. Allow the Device to Update itself
Once you disconnect the USB cable, the device will recognize the new update file and invite you to install it. Follow the on-screen instructions. If it does not suggest an update, this means that the update file did not get placed onto the device or it got accidentally placed into one of the folders. You can open the File manager application on the ARCHOS, locate the update file you have copied to it, and then open it directly to start the update.
Let me know how was the process so I can follow up with your issue.
Thank you!