authentech
authentech, Systems Admin
Experience:  I am a MS Certified Systems Engineer
58460175

Kaspersky shows databases and applications out of date even

Kaspersky shows databases and applications out of date even i munure after updating. I click thst I trust this installation but update doesn;'t then run when I click Yes.

authentech :

Hi my name is Todd.

authentech :

You can manually download the latest updates for your Kaspersky product by clicking this link:

authentech :

http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

authentech :

Then select your version and you can download and run the update.

authentech :

If this doesn't work, I recommend uninstalling Kaspersky, rebooting your machine, then downloading the latest installer and reinstall from scratch.

authentech :

This will definitely fix the problem and bypass the error you are having.

authentech :

Please click ACCEPT to give me credit for helping. If you can give me Positive feedback this helps me a lot as well. Thanks and have a great day!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to Kapersky as suggested and downloaded Internet Security 2012 , although that is what is already installed. My "computer security is still at risk and databases are out of date". What exactly do you mean by "rebooting machine download latest installer" before reinstalling from scratch?
Sounds like that was a full version download instead of the update...I just checked that site and looks like that's what they give you. So make sure you have your product key for Kaspersky, then go to Start, Control Panel, Programs (or Add/Remove programs if you have XP), uninstall Kaspersky. Then reboot your machine. THEN install it again using the file you downloaded earlier. Should be fixed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have just sent a further question asking what is meant by rebooting and downloading latest installer. Did the question reach you?
Yes and I replied "Sounds like that was a full version download instead of the update...I just checked that site and looks like that's what they give you. So make sure you have your product key for Kaspersky, then go to Start, Control Panel, Programs (or Add/Remove programs if you have XP), uninstall Kaspersky. Then reboot your machine. THEN install it again using the file you downloaded earlier. Should be fixed."

By rebooting I mean shut off your computer all the way, then turn it back up. Also known as Rebooting or restarting.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The problem is not resolved. I have just opened the computer after a break from it and am still getting message that databases and applications are out of date and my computer is not secure. I will look for you additional advice tomorrow. Have again clicked that I trust the publisher when asked by action centre. I Am disappointed and discouraged. When I rIght click from start menu I get message that custom scan and rootkit scan have run but presumably only onoutof date information. I am really worried about having computer which is no secure.
Please check your date/time at the bottom right corner of the machine. This is not something you need to worry about. If you've recently updated, it's likely just a day or two's definitions that you don't have. You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than get THE virus that THOSE definitions would be referring to.

Your date and time may be incorrect and that could be causing this error message.

If not, please let me know what the action center is specifying.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help - the computer hadn't allowed for leap year. I changed the date and at the moment the white flag in bottom right hand corner is showing "No current issues detected."
Great to hear! Please click ACCEPT as this is the only way I get paid for my time. Even if you've already paid the site, I don't get credit until the ACCEPT button is pressed. Thanks and glad I was able to help.