My Facebook fan page will not show in searches (either on Facebook

or Google)....
My Facebook fan page will not show in searches (either on Facebook or Google).
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2012
kooleraid
kooleraid, Consultant

kooleraid :

Hello!

Customer:

Hey!

kooleraid :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer!

kooleraid :

Let me know when you are ready

Customer:

Here's the deal. I created a fan page that is attached to my facebook account. I completed the set up 2 days ago and it still doesn't show up when people search for it.

kooleraid :

I see

kooleraid :

Did you publish it?

kooleraid :

Are you at least 18 years old and your Date of Birth is in your personal profile?

Customer:

I believe so. I check the tab that say unpublish to make sure it wasn't "check"

Customer:

yes older than 18

kooleraid :

ok

kooleraid :

When you go to your facebook home page -> left side toward the bottom under pages click to go the Page you created

kooleraid :

When your page shows up - on the right side of the pag do you see the Admin module?

Customer:

I see only my profile pic with Admin next to it

kooleraid :

Do you see the following:

kooleraid :

Use Facebook as USERNAME
Notifications
Promote with an Ad
View old Insights
Invite Friends
Invite Email Contacts

kooleraid :

In the Admin panel

Customer:

I don't see invite Friends or Email Contacts. I do see that in the get started tab

Customer:

I see everything else except Friends and Contacts

kooleraid :

Look at this line carefully

kooleraid :

do you have: Use Facebook as USERNAME
or

kooleraid :

do you have: Use Facebook as PAGENAME

Customer:

Use Facebook as Username

kooleraid :

So you changed your facebook to be your page instead of you then?

kooleraid :

Clicked it when you were setting up the page?

Customer:

I was asked to link or attach the page to my account to be able to mange it as the admin

kooleraid :

Yes that is fine but switch your facebook usage to be user not page

kooleraid :

Pages have likes, People have friends :)

Customer:

it is set as me (the user)

kooleraid :

ok now do you se the invite options?

Customer:

When I switch from user to the page name, the Friends and Contacts up

kooleraid :

It is like the leave box unclicked to publish i.e. true if unchecked / false if checked deal

kooleraid :

So the line reads to switch to whatever this line says click on the line if that makes sense

Customer:

click = unplublish

kooleraid :

If you are using facebook as you the line will say "Use Facebook as Pagename" as its the option to switch

Customer:

I see the invite Friends/Contact when in "use facebook as page name"

kooleraid :

there you go

kooleraid :

LIKE your page

Customer:

I have already

kooleraid :

OK

kooleraid :

Now "Edit" page

kooleraid :

Double check restrictions

Customer:

i don't c any restrictions that would cause problems.

Customer:

Page Visibilty check box is unchecked for unpublish page

kooleraid :

OK

Customer:

It is :) If I click it now it will switch to page.

kooleraid :

Click on unpublish and save the settings

kooleraid :

Then unclick to publish and re-save the settings

kooleraid :

Wait 24 hours

Customer:

seriously?

kooleraid :

Have someone try to go your page using its link - even if its not on search see if they have the permissions - get the error message or any message Facebook gives

kooleraid :

Yeah you were trying to use facebook as your page before it was indexed

kooleraid :

So now you have the page publish request plus it is you on facebook as you

Customer:

yes

kooleraid :

There are occasional bugs with Facebook so if it is a no go - next step we file a bug report

kooleraid :

But before that we can also have you create a 2nd TEST page - but don't do that for another 24 hours

Customer:

ok - i searched for it from another facebook account and no search result.

kooleraid :

Alright give it time.

Customer:

24hrs?

kooleraid :

Search engines I give it max 72 hours for removal, 48 hours for publish

kooleraid :

Facebook itself 24 hours oughta do it

Customer:

Summary

Customer:

Wait 24hrs and check if published. If not create test page. Should just delete the page and start over?

kooleraid :

You can do that as well

Customer:

this is BS, not u but this page trouble

kooleraid :

It is not the first I have seen it

kooleraid :

Just had another call similar yesterday from Australia

kooleraid :

I do understand though

kooleraid :

It is very frustrating

Customer:

At least I don't feel like a complete idiot

kooleraid :

I just did one the other day no problems so seems intermittent

Customer:

ok I'll give your suggestion a shot

kooleraid :

I know right because it is a simple thing like "even a caveman can do it" type deal, it is even more frustrating :)

kooleraid :

Sure thing!

Customer:

Thanks for your help

kooleraid :

You are most welcome! :)

Customer:

do I just click "Accept" to complete our transaction?

kooleraid :

Yes please

kooleraid
kooleraid, Consultant
kooleraid
kooleraid
kooleraid, Consultant