I think my 9.6 was corrupted during a computer software repair.

I deleted 9.6 and tried...
I deleted 9.6 and tried to reload it, but never got past 18% during the installation. No luck with 9.5 and I just tried to download the newest version and get an error code lS-2005. I WANT aol on my computer. Can you help?... Read full answer
I think my 9.6 was corrupted during a computer software repair. I deleted 9.6 and tried to reload it, but never got past 18% during the installation. No luck with 9.5 and I just tried to download the newest version and get an error code lS-2005. I WANT aol on my computer. Can you help?
2/11/2012
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer

abhi_iitian :

Hi there

abhi_iitian :

you should first try to completely uninstall AOL 9.6

abhi_iitian :

Please download and install Revo uninstaller : Click Here
Then run revo uninstaller and look for the AOL in the list
Use this program to uninstall it and then restart the computer
Once you have the suite should be gone.

abhi_iitian :

After that

abhi_iitian :

download AOL 9.5 from aol website and install it

Customer:

I'm trying that now. The only AOL program listed was the AOL uninstaller.

abhi_iitian :

ok

abhi_iitian :

remove that as well

Customer:

REVO has been stuck at about 4/5 complete for about 5 minutes now. Should I just wait?

abhi_iitian :

may be wait for a while

abhi_iitian :

otherwise, try again

Customer:

Am trying again and is still stuck at 4/5.

abhi_iitian :

ok

abhi_iitian :

what is your windows version

abhi_iitian :

like xp, vista , 7 etc

Customer:

The newest - 7? Not to sound too paranoid, but the computer guys who did the work on this computer describe AOL as "a computer virus disguised as a program". I don't give a rip what they think! AOL is very user-friendly for me. Could they have done something?

Customer:

REVO is still not moving...

abhi_iitian :

No, I do not think they did something (may be mistakenly)

abhi_iitian :

ok leave REVO then

abhi_iitian :

Follow the steps or manual deletion

abhi_iitian :

at the link I am giving to you,

abhi_iitian :

follow the guide

abhi_iitian :

click here

Customer:

I'm following your instructions - when I clicked DELETE, the window says RECYCLE. Still grinding away - How long should it take for each AOL?

abhi_iitian :

sorry, I did not get

abhi_iitian :

does it come back after RECYCLE, or is it taking some time

Customer:

It's taking time - I haven't moved past the first Delete command.

Customer:

I can't even get the Cancel command to work - still grinding away

abhi_iitian :

I see

abhi_iitian :

Could you restart the computer

abhi_iitian :

and then try again

abhi_iitian :

you can come back to chat with me

Customer:

Will do. How do I get back to you?

abhi_iitian :

just go to justanswer.com

abhi_iitian :

sign in

abhi_iitian :

go to My questions

abhi_iitian :

you will see this question there

abhi_iitian :

replythere

abhi_iitian :

else bookmark this page

abhi_iitian :

bypressing Ctrl+D keys

abhi_iitian :

thanks

Customer:

There are actually 2 Program Files - one labeled only Program Files (no AOL) and the other Program Files (x86) with 13 AOL files.

abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer

Did you manage to fix it or need further help ?
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
How can I uninstall my windows 9.5 program, now that I have
How can I uninstall my windows 9.5 program, now that I have upgraded to 9.6? I can't find an uninstall program feature?… read more
Travis B.
Travis B.
Computer Technician,
My wife canot get past her browser to open her home page.
My wife canot get past her browser to open her home page. She is useing 9.6 and wants to go to 9.5. How do we do that… read more
Jess
Jess
I cant download mail attachments. I get error message An
I can't download mail attachments. I get error message "An error occured while downloading a file. AOL will attempt to restore file". In the past I used the "restore" solution on mail settings. Yester… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
Stop searching for answers—
CAN YOU HELP ME TO GET ON AOL 9.6 THE ONLY THING COMING UP
CAN YOU HELP ME TO GET ON AOL 9.6? THE ONLY THING COMING UP IS 9.5 - AND I CAN'T EVEN GET ON THAT. IT LETS ME SIGN IN AND THE THREE LITTLE PEOPLE AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT COMES UP BUT THE TOP SAYS "NOT CON… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
AOL question -- I have AOL 9.6. The response to move to another
AOL question -- I have AOL 9.6. The response to move to another URL through the AOL browser bar is extremely slow. I can open an IE window and copy the URL into it, and it finds the site immediately .… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Computer Support Specialist,
I have AOL 9.6 and Microsoft Windows 7 Premimum. When I try
I have AOL 9.6 and Microsoft Windows 7 Premimum. When I try to get on AOL, I get the following message, "AOL connective services not running". I then go on line via IE8 and download AOL 9.6. After tha… read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Email is coming in but only the envelope appears. No emai address,
Email is coming in but only the envelope appears. No emai address, subject date, etc. we can open the email and everything is there however, cannt reposd to the email or open phots or down load anythi… read more
IT Consultant,
i went to click on aol on my desk top and i get the messaged
i went to click on aol on my desk top and i get the messaged that it needs to install file or it will not work so it ask me to shut down so it can put them in but still cant conect… read more
Cris
Cris
Using AOL 9.0. Ran AOL Computer Checkuo. Result said software
Using AOL 9.0. Ran AOL Computer Checkuo. Result said software firewall detected. Clicked software check retuned 2 problems. Firewall not detected and improved updated version of AOL was available. Cli… read more
IT Consultant,
Ever since I upgraded to 9.5 anything I try to forward does
Ever since I upgraded to 9.5 anything I try to forward does not go through. I goes through blank. Please help.… read more
Bernie
Bernie
Computer Support Specialist,
I have the following error 25090 showing when I try to download.
I have the following error 25090 showing when I try to download. It says to go to Office Setup and I can't find that. Additional info---Office Source Engine system error -2147023836 c\programfile\micr… read more
IT Consultant,
Trying to access settings (to turn off Sounds) on windows 7.
Trying to access settings (to turn off Sounds) on windows 7. It keeps telling me the page I'm trying to reach is not available - Try later. This has been going on for weeks.… read more
abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian
Computer Software Engineer,
Stop searching for answers—
Can not access AOL. Get a message The operation could not
Can not access AOL. Get a message "The operation could not be completed due to low memory or hard drive space. Please close one or more windows. Then try again." Do not have any windows open. Help. Th… read more
Nimman
Nimman
I am having trouble with my aol9.5 and would like to delete
I am having trouble with my aol9.5 and would like to delete and reload it. Can you help? Gene Franklin… read more
Networke_Helper
Networke_Helper
My email is not showing the date, e-mail address, & subject
My email is not showing the date, e-mail address, & subject for all messages in my New, Old, & Sent files. How do I fix? I have rebooted several times.… read more
Cris
Cris
I am using aol 9.5 the newest version. In my mailbox for thedailychatter
I am using aol 9.5 the newest version. In my mailbox for: "thedailychatter" I can see all my mail except 18 emails. I've got it all cleared out and it still says I have 18 emails. I found out today th… read more
bineesh
bineesh
System Support Engineer,
I had AOL 9.5. It was working fine.Then I got an offer
I had AOL 9.5. It was working fine. Then I got an offer to download 9.6. That sounded like progress, so I downloaded it. Now my computer is screwed up. I got eror message 65-FONL, with instructions to… read more
Justin
Justin
Network Administrator,
I bought a new computer for my Mom with Windows 7, and tried
I bought a new computer for my Mom with Windows 7, and tried to reload AOL. It almost completed, but I got an eror message "open system not supported on this computer 05.601.64 current. Do I need to d… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell