J Tech
J Tech, Computer Support
Experience:  Owner of X XXXX Computer Repair
31481149

I activated my Malwarebytes to do a quick scan of my XP system

I activated my Malwarebytes to do a quick scan of my XP system as it has done a number of times. It told me that it had some downlods to make first. It made the downloads and was searchiong my system. It found what was locking me up, and suddenly it said it had to uninstall something and the whole program was deleted from my PC. I don't even have a shortcut and my all programs says the folder is empty. I need your help to get me back with the program.
Clem Simpson
Modesto, Ca
XXX-XXX-XXXX
[email protected]
Category: Computer
Expert:  J Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I would suggest that you log into your computer using safe mode with networking. Then download the Rkill software from here. The download links are at the bottom of the page. Run the rkill program and let it be until it says it is complete with its scan. It will kill the process of the virus that is interrupting your scan. After you have done this download malwarebytes again and do all your updates and start the scan. Let the scan complete and remove the infections.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't get malware program. It has been deleted from my PC
Expert:  J Tech replied 5 years ago.
Its free you can download it from www.malwarebytes.com