Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

How can I remove duplicate emails from Windows Live Mail? Following

How can I remove duplicate emails from Windows Live Mail?
Following various issue with the registry, I recently re-installed windows 7. I imported emails back into live mail from several sources which caused duplicates. Is there any way of removing these through Live Mail?

Personal Help :

Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer

Personal Help :

you can use this tool to remove duplicates

Personal Help :

If you need any additional information, please let me know

Customer:

Ok thank you. I am at work at the moment, but will use the link when I get home tonight. I will then close/accept the question. Thanks again.

Personal Help :

no problem, and enjoy your day

Customer:

Hi again, I didnt accept the answer as I havent been able to use the recommended software. Initially, the link took me to the download page, which then kept downloading other things. When I eventually downloaded and installed the delete duplicate software, it just kept freezing as soon as I opened it so I had to keep closing it through the task manager. Is there any other software on the market that will do the same thing and which is more user friendly?

Personal Help :

ok, this one is an outlook plugin so also very easy

Personal Help :

please test with that and let me know the results

Customer:

Ive looked at the link but I use windows live mail and not outlook. I am wondering if that was the prob with the first link which was for OE and windows mail, now live mail which i use?

Customer:

Hi, why is this question closed when it is not resolved yet ??

Personal Help :

sorry, I thought you were using outlook

Personal Help :

This program is for Windows Mail

Personal Help :

It will also work with Live Mail on your desktop

Customer:

actually, i am thinking of using outlook instead as i have it on my laptop, am i right in assuming that outlook 2010 has features to allow deletion of duolicates?

Personal Help :

Hi there

Personal Help :

no it doesnt sorry, but this program has been made especially for outlook 2010

Customer:

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX fairly easy to transfer accounts and emails from WLM to outlook? I current ly have 7 email accounts (mixture of yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc) and apart from emails in each of these, i have 10000+ emails in stored folders, would i be able to transfer all the accounts and messages in one go?

Personal Help :

very

Personal Help :

just do this

Personal Help :

Install Outlook and configure Outlook, start Windows Live Mail, and click File>Export>Microsoft Exchange to export all your mail folders, Contacts and Calendar to Outlook.

Customer:

sounds easy, I already outlook installed as part of office, am just saving emails to HD, will then try the transfer

Personal Help :

no problem, let me know if you get any problems

Customer:

great thanks

Customer:

Hi again, sorry but it is still not working, I have started both WLM and Office and the selected export to microsoft exchange but I get the following 2 errors, (1) "Either there is no default mail cient or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request, please run microsoft outlook and set it as the default mail client", then (2) The export could not be performed, an error occured while initializing MAPI. ..... I have the latest version of WLM and also latest version of outlook 2010, is this error anything obvious ? Or is it that WLM cannot export to Outlook 2010?

Customer:

outlook is definately the default client

Customer:

i have read on a forum that this does work when you have outlook 2010 64 bit, so back to square one