Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

system error exception code: e06d7363. What does this mean

system error exception code: e06d7363. What does this mean and how do I correct it. I am trying to get my digitizing software to recognize the dongle for it and I keep getting this error code and cannot get into the program. I just put it on my new computer that is running Windows 7 64 bit
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

Is this error message appearing when you are trying to open a certain software or program?

Or is this happening when you are trying to install the certain program?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I installed the program several weeks ago. When I use the program I need to insert a USB plug called the dongle. When I do this, the program looks like it is going to start, but I keep getting the system error. I downloaded the necessary files from Janome and installed them, but it still doesn't work. I still get this error.

Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
First, please try the Repair options using the original installation CD. Just load the installation CD of the software, then choose Repair.

Then restart the computer then try again and see if the problem is gone.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot do this. I upgraded the program from the internet. Also there is no repair option in this software.
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
If you have the installation CD, you can use it and in the Setup screen, instead of choosing Install, choose repair.

Since the software was still working before, please do a System Restore to roll back your system settings to a prior date when the software was still working fine.

System Restore will not affect your files. It will only restore your computer's system files back to a saved "state" know as restore points. When you do System Restore, choose a restore point which is dated back to the time and date when this problem has not yet occurred.

How to Run System Restore in Windows 7

1. Navigate to the Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools program group.
  2. Click on the System Restore program icon.
  3. Click Next => on the Restore system files and settings window.
  4. Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now.
Important: You need to check the Show more restore points checkbox to see more than the most recent restore points available in your system.

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The software has never worked on this computer. I got the system error from day 1.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The computer program is working. It is microsoft windows that is not. What does the error code mean? How do I correct the problem through windows?
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
But during installation, did you receive any error message?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No the software installed correctly. I downloaded the necessary files from Janome to run it on Windows 7, but I get the error message. The software starts to run, but doesn't get started and the error message appears. I have tried this about 35 times and it still does the same thing. I stopped the firewall and nothing changed.
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Please try to run the software with Admin rights. Here are the steps:

1. Locate the shortcut icon of the program in your Desktop screen if there is. Or you can see the shortcut icon by going to Start => All Programs => Folder name of the program.
  2. When located, right-click on the shortcut icon then click "Run As Administrator"
  3. In the UAC (User Account Control) window that pops up, click ALLOW or YES or OK to confirm the action
  4. Then see if the program runs normally.

If the problem still persists, please try to run the software in Compatibility mode for Windows XP or Vista. Here are the steps:

1. Locate the shortcut icon of the program in your Desktop screen if there is. Or you can see the shortcut icon by going to Start => All Programs => Folder name of the program
  2. When located, right-click on the shortcut icon then click Properties
  3. The Properties dialog window then appears. Click on the Compatibility tab (top)
  4. In the Compatibility tab, check the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
  5. Then in the selection box below it, click and select "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
  6. In the "Privilege level" at the bottom part, click to put a check the option "Run as administrator"
  7. Click APPLY button
  8. Click OK button to close
  9. Then double click on the shortcut icon of the program to open it
  10. Then see if the program will now load normally.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. It worked to run as administrator. Do I have to do this every time?
Expert:  Jess replied 5 years ago.
I am glad that the software works with the "Run as Admin" method. Yes, you need to do this every time you open the program so that the program will be allowed by Windows 7 to load without crashing.

If this helped, please click the ACCEPT button to accept my answer and leave a positive feedback if you are satisfied. Post a reply any time should you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Jess