my zune will not play my music, it says this item is missing…

Customer Question
my zune will not play...
my zune will not play my music, it says this item is missing or can't be played.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
1/31/2012
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

Aaron B :

Hello

Aaron B :

You can try syncing with Zune desktop software to see if that is able to restore / refresh any of those missing items.

If that doesn't work you might need to erase all content on that device and re sync it. At least just delete and re sync that affected content.

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

how do i do that

Aaron B :

Do you have zune software installed on your computer?

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

yes

Aaron B :

Can you go into that software and choose a re sync option or a sync option. I'm looking for instructions for you.

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

not sure

Aaron B :

Also, are you getting a specific error message with an error number? If so, please post it.

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

it just says this item is missing or can't be played

Aaron B :

ok

Aaron B :

I assume it is happening with all your items?

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

i only have music on it

Aaron B :

ok thanks

Aaron B :

Please follow instructions on this item is missing or can't be played Zune support page. You will need to erase all your music files on your Zune.

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

how do i erase them

Aaron B :

If you click on that link, it shows you step by step on how to erase them.

JACUSTOMER-527zmney- :

ok

Aaron B :

Please let me know if you need help with any of those steps.