Hi there, My Outlook Express does not show the body of my…

Customer Question
Hi there, My Outlook Express...
Hi there,
My Outlook Express does not show the body of my emails, anymore. I can see the sender and the attachment, but the email/text is just a blank page. This is for new and old emails.

Please help.

Thanks, Niko... Read full answer
Hi there,

Please help.

Thanks, Niko
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
1/18/2012
Tech Support Specialist: Bernie, Computer Specialist replied 7 years ago
Bernie
Bernie, Computer Specialist

Close Outlook Express, then click the Windows Start button, search, For Files and Folders, All Files and folders. In the first search box, type *.dbx and under that click More Advanced Options. Make sure search hidden files and folders is checked, then press the search button. In the results that come up, find Inbox.dbx and delete it. Do not empty the recycle bin.

Now go ahead and restart your Outlook, and see if it works normally now. I'll stand by.
It didnt change anything, but when I searched for the folder, threr were some more of the Outlook folders coming up, like Drafts, Outbock, ect.
Just to confirm on my side, were you able to actually find the item Inbox.dbx and delete it?

Yes I did. Threr were actually two Inbox files, the one had (1) at the end. I deleted them both.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and go to the recycle bin, double click it, then right click and restore both inbox.dbx and inbox.dbx (1) in there.

Once you've done that, click Start > Run > In the run box type: MSIMN.EXE /safe and press ok

(MSIMN.EXE and /safe have a space between them)

Outlook Express will open, does it still show the same issue?
Sry, that didnt help either.
I see, lets continue:

1. Quit Outlook Express if it is running.
  2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
  3. Click the Security tab. The Internet security zone should be selected.
  4. Click Custom Level, and then click Enabled under the Active Scripting category.
  5. Click OK, and then click OK.

source

Now try Outlook Express, I'll stand by with more directions

sry, still nothing.
How long ago did this issue first start?

Thanks
last Friday. There was a message coming up, that I have to clear Deleted Items Folder, since it is taking to much memory or so, I dont remember correctly. But I didnt do that, since it was not the fisrt time I had this message coming up, and It was not the fisrt time, that I couldnt read my emails. Usually it worked after I restarted the computer again. But this time it didnt. I talked to a friend of mine, who is into computers aswell, and he said, it cant be the memory. I use this OE for my business and I have about 5-10 emails coming in every day, since a year and a half. could that be the problem?
It may be Outlook Express corruption due to too many undeleted emails, do you have the Windows cd?

no I dont. Would it help If I delet All the deleted messages, is there a way, to tranfer them to a differnt folder, since I do not really wanna loose them.
I apologize but for now I need to opt out and open your question to all experts again.
sure, as long as someone can help me.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I want to launch Outlook from within my application (non MS),
I want to launch Outlook from within my application (non MS), automatically populating the subject and the message text. Are there any of the command line switches that will allow me to do this? I am … read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
How can I get a list of the email attachments to show up in
How can I get a list of the email attachments to show up in the body of the email. Attachments are never saved attached to the email. They are filed in special locations. But I want the name of the at… read more
WesPCDr
WesPCDr
when i receive an e-mail with a .pdf attachement and the email
when i receive an e-mail with a .pdf attachement and the email was sent out to a lot of contacts (list or cci) and that there is nothing written in the "to" box, the .pdf document does not come in the… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
Stop searching for answers—
my e-mail, in the body when it says to click here to get something
my e-mail, in the body when it says to click here to get something it will not bring it up. also I have two people in my address book, their e-mails come in the deleated page instead of the inbox page… read more
AAS Information Technology
Using Outlook Express 6.0 Is there any way to have Outlook
Using Outlook Express 6.0 Is there any way to have Outlook Express resize JPEG attachments so they actually fit in the Outlook Express message window? Currently the pictures are in the message window … read more
Shauqat
Shauqat
CCNA
When using Windows XP, I received an email which was supposed
When using Windows XP, I received an email which was supposed to contain images but the images did not appear. Instead there was a blank box with a red cross in the top left hand corner. I am told tha… read more
Tom K
Tom K
Assistant Information Systems Manager,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I wish to send a document in the body of an email I have activated
I wish to send a document in the body of an email I have activated the "send to mail recipient "command. However when I click on the command nothing happens. This is in office 2007, I am using Mozilla… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
Outlook 03 problem - One e-mail senders mail comes to the
Outlook 03 problem - One e-mail sender's mail comes to the inbox without attachments and in the wrong format. It used to work on this machine fine, all other senders are fine, just this 1 sender's mai… read more
Omer Mushahwar
Omer Mushahwar
Hi, I know little about computers. I have Publisher 2007 and
Hi, I know little about computers. I have Publisher 2007 and I have Outlook 2003. I've created a newsletter in Publisher and want to send it from Outlook - not as an attachment (I want the customer to… read more
IT Manager,
how to have from email show user name and email address
how to have "from" email show user name and email address? At present only user name shows .… read more
Computer Engineer
Computer Engineer
Master in Computer
How do I stop Outlook Express from showing photo attachments
How do I stop Outlook Express from showing photo attachments in the email body? This problem is fairly recent and it means that when the email is printed, the attached photos also print (in part). Was… read more
Josh H
Josh H
IT Systems Engineer II,
I have typed an outgoing email and it will not be sent because
I have typed an outgoing email and it will not be sent because it does not show my email address as the sender. Previously the form of email to be sent showed my sender's address automatically.… read more
Julio
Julio
Stop searching for answers—
How do you create an email in Outlook that points to a web
How do you create an email in Outlook that points to a web page? The whole issue is that I need to create an email that can have a landscape oriented display and print landscape in such email programs… read more
John D
John D
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Im having a problem with Mozilla Thunderbird. Some of the
I'm having a problem with Mozilla Thunderbird. Some of the emails I have saved including some text and some photos have lost their content.... the email is there... contents, either text or photos are… read more
David L
David L
When forwarding e-mails I like to delete the addresses of people
When forwarding e-mails I like to delete the addresses of people that have forwarded and sent a message and use the blind carbon copy. also when a message that I have received has cartoon Pictures tha… read more
Mike B
Mike B
Computer Engineering Technologist
Like most it seems my version of Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.21
Like most it seems my version of Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 does not display images with text in the body of email. I have "view message body" set as "HTML original."I will occasionally get the mess… read more
Santonu
Santonu
Hardware Engineer,
PGDCA
How can I retrieve information from an e-mail , edit it for
How can I retrieve information from an e-mail , edit it for correctness and changes then resend that e-mail? Using the Mozilla program… read more
John D
John D
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
When I send email blasts i want my images to not be embedded.
My embedded images are being placed in quarintine in some instaces and I am trying to fix it. Can I make my images UNembedded?… read more
John D
John D
Bachelor Degree in Engineering