To backup mail in your AOL Saved on My PC filing cabinet:
- Search your computer for a file called "(your AOL screen name).abi".
- If your screen name is "myscreenname", for example, search for a file called "myscreenname.abi".
- You should find it in a folder called organize. A typical location is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0\organize". You can go to this folder directly, too.
- Go up one directory, to the C_America Online 9.0 folder.
- For other versions of AOL, the folder name may be different. In any case, go up one directory from the organize folder.
- Highlight the organize folder.
- Select Edit | Copy from the menu of the Explorer window.
- Open the desired backup location (a CD or DVD, another hard disk, a network location or a USB stick, for example) in Explorer.
- Select Edit | Paste from the menu.