my printer is disconnected, how do I reconnect it?

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Computer
1/6/2012
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Welcome to just answer

arsufi2002 :

by the way how is the printer connected ? ( wired / wireless / usb )

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

wireless

arsufi2002 :

what's the printer model ?

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

The printer is CN731A#B1H-HP Photosmart e-All-In-One - D110a

arsufi2002 :

ok ,

arsufi2002 :

Hope its a wireless router

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

yes, it is supposed to be.

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

The router is cisco Linksys E2500. Maybe this would be helpful.

arsufi2002 :

ok

arsufi2002 :

have you connected printer wirelssly

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

When it was connected originally it was wireless for Compac Prasario

arsufi2002 :

ok

arsufi2002 :

do you have usb cable with you

arsufi2002 :

this is for temporary process

arsufi2002 :

hello

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

I'm sorry I don't know what the usb cable looks like. I didnot hook the printer up originally.

arsufi2002 :

ok

arsufi2002 :

hello are you there

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

`yes

arsufi2002 :

lets configure printer manually

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

ok

arsufi2002 :

touch setup on printer control panel

arsufi2002 :

2: Touch Network

arsufi2002 :

3: Touch Wireless Radio, and then touch On

arsufi2002 :

is it done

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

Sorry, I could not get this to go to wireless radio.

arsufi2002 :

ok , tell me the options on network

arsufi2002 :

are you checking it

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

The printer just sent me a printout saying that the wireless router is powered on

arsufi2002 :

does it displays any ip address

arsufi2002 :

i mean on test print

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

but the network name(SSID) has to match the router exactly or it wont work.

arsufi2002 :

yes , you are right

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

The IP Address says not applicable

arsufi2002 :

that means printer is not connected to router yet

arsufi2002 :

if it connects , it should have an ip address

JACUSTOMER-l37qivva- :

Since I am not computer literate, I suppose I will need to get someone out here that knows what to do. Thanks for trying.

arsufi2002 :

hello ,

arsufi2002 :

sir there is no complex procedure to configure printer

arsufi2002 :

once we successfully connect printer to wireless router , the job is almost done

arsufi2002 :

Please do this steps on printer control panel

arsufi2002 :

1. Turn on wireless radio.
a. Unplug the network cable.
b. Touch Setup.
c. Touch Network.
d. Touch Wireless Radio, and then touch On.

arsufi2002 :

2. Start Wireless Setup Wizard.
a Touch Network Setup Wizard.

arsufi2002 :

3. Connect to wireless network.
a Select your network from the list of detected networks.

arsufi2002 :

4: connect to your wireless network

arsufi2002 :

let me know the status

arsufi2002
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist