Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
12940042

When I am on my computer in the full screen mode a Dell pop

When I am on my computer in the full screen mode a Dell pop up blip comes up and takes the full screen away. I don't know if Dell is trying to up date something or not. Could you please help. Thanks
Deanna

Dan - Master Tech :

Greetings, are you able to read any part of the notice when it appears on the screen? Where does it appear and what does it look like? Is it possible to record your screen with a video recorder when this happens then play it back and pause it when the notice appears? Dan

Customer:

It is blue and the dell logo is on it. It comes up so fast I don't have a way to video it. It appears right in the middle of the screen

Customer:

It also looks like it has a cd on it

Dan - Master Tech :

What is it you are watching full screen? What program are you using?

Customer:

If I am watching a movie on Net flix or if I am playing a game on facebook I will put it on full screen. It is popping up as we are chatting. :) I am trying to catch the darn thing so I can read it :) Deanna

Dan - Master Tech :

The information I see says you use Google Chrome, have you tried another browser such as Firefox (preferred) or Internet Explorer?

Customer:

No I could try that. Should I do that and see if that works?

Dan - Master Tech :

Yes, please let me know what happens

Customer:

Do I just close this chat and restart my computer with the other program?

Dan - Master Tech :

You can bookmark this site to come back or just leave this open and try the other browser

Customer:

Cool I will leave this open because I am not to sure how to bookmark :) I will try it. Thanks so much. I will get back to you.

Dan - Master Tech :

Good luck

Customer:

okay I tried Inter explorer and I don't have Firefox on my computer. Should I try to down load Firefox and see if that works. I wish I could read the pop up. It is kind of frustrating. :)

Dan - Master Tech :

I assume IE didn't work either? Yes, try downloading Firefox. Is this a new issue? Has it worked before? What do you have for a computer?

Customer:

No this is something new. My computer got a virus and had to be fixed. This just started happening. I thought maybe I could figure out how to fix it myself If I talked to someone without going back to the person who worked on it. I guess I better contact him and see if he knows what he did. That would probably be the smarter thing to do. :)

Dan - Master Tech :

It might be that you need to change the screen resolution, if it is too low then it may default back to the window. The other possibility could be not having the right video driver installed. If neither of these suggestions help then yes, contact the person who worked on it. Depending on who did the work and their background experience they should be able to correct it. If not, you can come back to this conversation any time and we can continue. Dan

Customer:

I have no idea what this means and how to do that :) I will contact the person who worked on my computer. Thanks so much for you help on this issue