computer says window loading files but nothing happens

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
12/13/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 6 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

sandy :

Hello My Friend, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above. Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Are you trying to repair or reinstall your operating system?

What is the operating system on the computer? Windows xp, windows vista or windows 7?

Is there any windows 7 disk inside the cd/dvd drive?
windows 7
A. Are you trying to repair or reinstall your operating system?

B. Is there any windows 7 disk inside the cd/dvd drive?
theres no windows 7 disk in the computer

Since how long are you facing this issue? Did you make some changes to the computer?
Do you have operating system disk? Windows 7 operating system disk.
Do you have very important data on the computer? or it is already back up.
What is the make and model of the computer? HP, Dell, Acer?

facin issue for three days now, i do have operating disk, and recovery disks its a dell desktop

Please try the following:

A. Please check the cd/dvd drive and remove any of the disk there. Please disconnect any other device like printer/scanner/camera connected.

B.

1. Please shut down the computer.
2.As soon as you restart your computer IMMEDIATELY start hitting (up and down) F8(it is on the top line of the keyboard).
3. Choose Last known good configuration by using up and down arrow keys on the keyboard and hit Enter.

C.. Please shut down the computer.

Please choose Safe mode and see if it works.

D. If none of these work, please tell me if it will be fine to restore it to factory settings to reinstall the operating system using windows 7 disk.

Note: Factory settings done using recovery disk will delete all of the files/programs and restore it to the date when you purhcase it.

Reinstallation if done properly can save your data/files.

none of above worked, i will be fine restoring back to factory reset
Note: Factory reset will delete all of the file/images/photos and programs installed on the computer. It will be restored to the condition when it was purchased as a new one.

I believe you have 2 recovery disks.

Please insert the recovery disk 1(it should be marked on the cd/disk) and restart the computer. It will start loadig from this recovery disk. Once it asks you to insert the other one, please insert that second.

does this take some time? it says window loading files, but this what it always says even when no disk was in

If it is not booting from the recovery disks.

First of all, please make CD/DVD as the first boot device on your computer.

Please turn off your computer.
As soon as you restart your computer, IMMEDIATELY please start tapping (hitting up and down F2 key, if this does not work, please use F1 or Del or Delete key next time)
YOu will enter the Bios.
choose
Boot sequence by using up and down arrow key and make cd/dvd rom as the first boot devices.
Please save these changes and restart your computer.

Now, check if it boot from the recovery disk.
i have to go to work but i will perform these as soon as i get in
sure, my friend, you can perform these anytime. you can contact me anytime. You can either add this link to you favourites or book mark this. You will have to simpy reply to me.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5yko5-computer-says-window-loading-files-nothing-happens.html
Hi sandy been away for some days. I have followed the steps you given me and yet my computer has not returned to working mode. Now I see a screen that reads. Startup Repair. Which states windows cannot repair this computer automatically. Now what should I do? Should I take it to a repair person? I don't want to waste money and don't get no results
I noticed when installed mcafee Internet security2012 that's wheny computer shut down. Could that be a problem?

A. Please restore your computer to the date when it was working fine.

1.Turn on the computer.
2.As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the
Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
Note:You must press <
F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

3.Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select
Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.

4 Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

5 Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6. Please choose System Restore and restore your computer to the date when it was working fine.

B. If this does not work, please try to restart in safe mode with networking:

2.As soon as you restart your computer, IMMEDIATELY start hitting (up and down) F8(it is on the top line of the keyboard) key on the keyboard. Please choose Safe mode and see if it works.

3. If you are not able to boot in the safe mode with networking, please insert your operating system disk and try to reinstall your operating system/recovery disks.

Please turn off your computer.
YOu will enter the Bios.
choose Boot sequence by using up and down arrow key and make cd/dvd rom as the first boot devices.

I did as exactly what you instructed me to do. Carefully following each steps and yet u computer hasn't been restored
Please try this:

As soon as you restart your computer, IMMEDIATELY start hitting (up and down) F8(it is on the top line of the keyboard) key on the keyboard. Please choose Safe mode and see if it works.

If you are not able to boot in the safe mode with networking, please insert your operating system disk and try to reinstall your operating system/recovery disks.

Please turn off your computer.
YOu will enter the Bios.

Hey Sandy although when you hit Accept Answer, I'm not being charge again. Because we I hit it it says I already paid for this question and hitting twice I will be charge an additional fee is that true?
You have been charged only once. Please do not hit this Accept button again.
In the Boot Device Configuration screen. I notice the cd/DVD boot device is Disabled. Could this be the reason the computer isn't loading?
Please try to enable it by selecting it using the up and down arrow key and. Yes, it is the reason , it is not booting from it.
I've highlighted that caption and yet it doesn't give the option to enable it. Is there something that need to be done that will cause it to enable itself?
Highligh and hit Enter key. If it still does not work, you cd/dvd drive hardware part connection might be disconnected from the motherboard.

How old is this dell desktop computer?
My computer is only 1 yr old
Please turn off this computer.

Restart it.

IMMEDIATELY,

Hold down the CTRL using your left hand and start hitting F11(up and down) using your right hand and see if the recovery starts.

Nothing
A. Please try to run the recovery again by holding down the ctrl key and hitting F11 continuously

B. If this does not work, I suggest you to go to BIOS again and check if there is any option to restore BIOS to default. Generally, it is F9 option. Please check this at the bottom part of the BIOS screen.
I sandy we did everything we can to get this computer up and running and this far nothing. I appreciate all your help But I give up
I understand this and appreciate your patience too. Well, it seems that cd/dvd drive(hardware part) is disconnected internally on the motherboard. I suggest you to contact a hardware tech..Thanks.
Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist