How do I fix internal error 2.Thank you.

Customer Question
How do I fix MAXTOR...
How do I fix MAXTOR internal error 2. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
11/2/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Jess, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please elaborate the problem? How did you get the the error 2 message? Is it when you are trying to start the computer? Is your computer able to work despite the error? Is this Maxtor a primary disk drive where Windows 7 is loaded? Or a portable or external drive?

Maxtor is an external drive to back up our computer. We get the error message when trying to back up.

Thanks.

Thank you for writing back.

Is there an error message along with the error code 2?

Also, are you using the backup software that came with Maxtor? Or are you using Windows Backup and Restore tool?

Have you checked if the actual FREE space of your Maxtor is now less than the space required to run the backup? For instance, if you are backing up the entire drive C that is 150Gig and the free space of your Maxtor drive is less than 150Gig.

Regards,
Jess

This is the error message. We are not backing up from a flashdrive. The pictures are on the C drive

C:\Users\Barb\Pictures\Picasa\Exports\FLASHDRIVE\Flash Drive\HPIM4675.JPG Internal Error 2

We are using the backup software from Maxtor.

There is enough free space on the external backup drive.

Thank you for writing back with this information.

This appears to be a corrupted image file. Please do the following:

1. Click Start => Computer
  2. Navigate your Drive C to the problem location:

C:\Users\Barb\Pictures\Picasa\Exports\FLASHDRIVE\Flash Drive\

3. In that particular folder, locate the problem file named HPIM4675.JPG
  4. When located, COPY the file to the Desktop for backup reasons. See then if you are able to PASTE the image file to the Desktop. This file appears to be corrupted.
  5. If you were able to copy and paste the file to the Desktop, DELETE the original file in the given path. (C:\Users\Barb\Pictures\Picasa\Exports\FLASHDRIVE\Flash Drive\)
  6. Then try running the backup process again
I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Can't navigate past Exports to Flashdrive\flash drive. The jpeg files were copied to a flashdrive before the problem began.

When I tried to delete the image I got an error code 0x80070571 saying that the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable.
That is exactly the reason why you are getting errors in the backup process. The backup process is trying to backup data in the corrupted portion of the hard disk.

Please run the Check Disk with Repair procedures. Here are the steps:

1. Open Computer from the Desktop icon. Or click Start => Computer
2. Locate Drive C
3. Right click on drive C
4. Click Properties
5. Click on the Tools tab
6. Then in Error Checking group, click CHECK NOW
7. Then check the 2 options that pops up
8. Click YES to schedule the scan and repair on the next boot
9. Then restart your computer and see if the CHECK DISK starts

Best regards,
Jess