how to get back standard view on my gmail

Customer Question
?...
how to get back standard view on my gmail ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
10/25/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

ITTechQ&A :

Hello, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, I am Cris.

ITTechQ&A :

Please explain in detail the problem you are facing.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

I accidentally switched from "standard view' tO "basic html"

ITTechQ&A :

OK, give me a moment to give you a link.

ITTechQ&A :

Please use this link. Let me know the outcome.

Click here>>>http://mail.google.com/mail?nocheckbrowser.

ITTechQ&A :

Click here>>>Gmail

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

Let me try it now...Iwill be back to you with the results...if we lose contact, how to I resume contact with you?

ITTechQ&A :

press Ctrl+D to save this page to your favorites. Use the 2nd link it will open in 2nd window and leave this one open.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

I tried both links twice.each time it opened my gmail in the basic html view.

ITTechQ&A :

Look at your gmail account at the bottom you should see a Gmail View with link for "standard view" click on it.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

do you mean open for e-mails??

ITTechQ&A :

No from the inbox main page of your gmail.

ITTechQ&A :

At the bottom of the page you will see "Gmail View" click on "standard view" to change back.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

ok...i,ll get back to you

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

I opened my gmail account...it opened with the basic hjtml as it has been do ing all along. there was nothing at the bottom of the screen...it was all blank

ITTechQ&A :

right underneath the last email.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

Iwill try again

ITTechQ&A :

look for google view

ITTechQ&A :

I sorry it should say Gmail View in a tan box. If you click on the link standard(in blue) it changes the gmail view back to standard.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

it is very difficult to explain my last few e-mails had attached douments that I downloade..now all that coes up are the docs.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

However, before speaking to you, I waas able to bring standard up but ithe next time I had tjhe same problem

ITTechQ&A :

Please do the following use the link I have provided. When this should bring you to the inbox of your gmail page. Towards the bottom there is a tan box click on "standard" that will change the view.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

let me try something...

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

if I lose you, please tell me how tpo gain accesss to youi again...this will only take a few monutes

ITTechQ&A :

Did you press CTRL+D and save this page to your favorite?

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

yes..but I have to insert a new link...will thecentral+d still hold???

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

xI think I can explain without leaving this page i will be back to you in a few minutes

ITTechQ&A :

sure

ITTechQ&A :

How are you making out?

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

(1) go to "html view google" (2) click on the first article (3) in the article there are 2 links the first is to take you to html. ..the 2nd to standard...here is the crazy part...some times the first link wil bring up the standard view...but as soon as you shut down you must go through this each time...it does not change permantly.... the 2nd linke SOMETIMES TAKES YOU TO STANDARD...BUT AGAIN NOT PERMANENTLY.

ITTechQ&A :

What web browser are you using? Internet Explorer?

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

YES

ITTechQ&A :

On internet explorer up top click on "Help" then about internet explorer on the drop down.

What version of internet explorer are you using?

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

JUST HAD A TJHOUGHT....ONCE AT STANDARD, iF i PULL DOWN THJE LATEST E-MAIL, MAY BE i'LL FIND THE LANGUAGE YOJ ARE4 L;OOKING FOR...SHALL i TRY IT???

ITTechQ&A :

Well if your browser is outdated that is why it probably reverts back to basic html

ITTechQ&A :

Once your in standard you don't see what I am referring to..only when your in basic and want to change to standard.

ITTechQ&A :

I will be leaving about 10mins

ITTechQ&A :

Can we continue either later on tonight or tomorrow?

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

YES AFTER 8.00p.m. hOW DO i GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU???

ITTechQ&A :

Yes that time works for me.

Save this page to your favorites/bookmarks, so you can easily get back to the site. When you reach the site click on login (top right) and use the email you created the JustAnswer account with. If you don’t know the password click on “forgot password” and it will be sent to your email. Once you are logged in click on “my questions” to get back to our conversation.

When either you or I type a message in the chat if the other person is not in the chat session you will be notified via email.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

GOOD....MAYBE THERE WILL B EWSOME GOOD NEWS...OVER AND OUT

ITTechQ&A :

Talk to you later.

ITTechQ&A :

A little later then planned but I am currently on if you would like to continue.

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

are you there???

JACUSTOMER-pptk5r90- :

I HAVE SOME NEWS

ITTechQ&A :

Hi, yes I am here.

Sorry could not get to you on time before you logged off.

What good news do you have?
I fixed the problem. but your questions and suggestions were not part of the solution.. I am most anxioos to tell you in detail how I arrived at at a solution. Please tell me if you are intyerested. In any event, I Do APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU SPENT AND i WOULD LIKE TO PAY APORTION OF THE PRICE YOU ORIGINALLY QUOTEDI.

Sure I would definitely like to hear how you were able to solve the problem.

Unfortunately, I don't have any control of changing the set amount. However you do not have to "Accept" if you are not satisfied, I understand.

As stated in an earlier reply, I clicked on the article that came up following using "html view google". I than clicked on link to take me to "basic html" and as usual my standard view came up...I then sent the screen to shortcut to my desktop and that did the trick

I think it would be grossly unfair to indicate I was not satisfied with the work but if that is the only way I can reach an equitable financial arrangment I will have to say"not saisfied" I wait for your response before my dcision.

OK,

Glad you could resolve the issue.
Cris
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist