Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

how do i completely restore my acer laptop - aspire 5741-3541

how do i completely restore my acer laptop - aspire 5741-3541 ?
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

Did you press at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 when the Acer logo appears on the screen?

Can you go to Start, All programs, Acer/recovery/etc, if available, and see if you can burn the windows / recovery disk?

Do you have the windows / recovery disk?

What is the issue with your computer that you need to restore it to factory settings?

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes I did try both keys at the same time.....it just started a loud beeping but continued to the windows start up.

No, I do not have recovery disks but has been restored without discs before....

I have 2 or more security programs that will not completely uninstall and I think they are causing problems....mainly freezing programs for my photo scanner.....bought two bran new scanners and both do not run but show compatible with windows 7. I would rather just start fresh.....thanks

So windows is still working?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes windows is still working .... actually I just checked and I did burn recovery disks when it was "restored" last time.

Great. Please insert the Windows / recovery disk and then turn off the computer. Then turn on the computer, then press the key F1 (or could be F2, Del, or Esc key) when you see the computer logo appears on the screen in order go to BIOS/Setup menu. Then look for the Boot/Startup option and set the CD/DVD drive as 1st order and the hard disk drive as 2nd order. Then save and exit. Then press any key when asked to boot from the CD/DVD drive...

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

once i do this my computer will not be able to access this page......how do i get back to you? How do i reference this back to you?

You can add to favorites this web page. You can check the email message from JustAnswer. Thank you.