I have an Acer Iconia tablet and the screen no longer rotates…

Customer Question
I have an Acer Iconia...
I have an Acer Iconia tablet and the screen no longer rotates - why?... Read full answer
I have an Acer Iconia tablet and the screen no longer rotates - why?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
10/23/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist replied 7 years ago
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you

Customer:

why won't screen rotate on my Acer tablet

Hans Uebelhoer :

It sounds like you have put the rotate lock on

Hans Uebelhoer :

one moment please

Customer:

ok - and how do I unlock

Hans Uebelhoer :

The button next to the volume is a lock toggle switch

Hans Uebelhoer :

try that and see if it will then rotate

Customer:

thank you - working now

Hans Uebelhoer :

Awesome

Hans Uebelhoer :

Is there anything else I can do for you today

Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I cant remember my security sequence for the screen security.
I can't remember my security sequence for the screen security. Is there anyway to ever use it again.… read more
AAS Information Technology
I have an Acer Iconia tablet, and the cursor automatically
I have an Acer Iconia tablet, and the cursor automatically moves to desktop to peek in the lower right corner. How do I stop this from occurring?… read more
ITguy1978
ITguy1978
I have a A500 android tablet with a USB cable. On my computer
I have a A500 android tablet with a USB cable. On my computer in Windows Media Player( desktop) is a couple of hundred images I wish to put on tablet for slide show. One folder is called Canada the ot… read more
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Stop searching for answers—
I wish to register a band new Acer tablet, ICONIATAB, 15GB
I wish to register a band new Acer tablet, ICONIATAB, 15GB WIFI SKU, Model #A200, Serial # XXXXX I also wish to download the Owner's manual and operating instructions for that device. Thank you for yo… read more
Nalosin
Nalosin
Computer Support Specialist,
Can I download Windows 7 and Microsoft office on my acer iconia
Can I download Windows 7 and Microsoft office on my acer iconia a200 tablet? I was able to almost complete the download but it did not finish. Also, I tried downloading Windows 7 scanning tool and was… read more
LKT
LKT
I downloaded Skype from the app store, and now my a100 is frozen,
I downloaded Skype from the app store, and now my a100 is frozen, won't boot up. Is there a hard reboot, or safe mode I can try?… read more
R.J. Poirier
R.J. Poirier
Information Systems Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Hi, I have a Acer Iconia A 100 tablet. Just out of no where
Hi, I have a Acer Iconia A 100 tablet. Just out of no where it has stopped changing the screen or rotating when you stand it up or lay it on its side. This was very helpful because sometimes it was be… read more
IT Manager,
I tried to copy jpeg and mpeg photos from my Acer Iconia 100
I tried to copy jpeg and mpeg photos from my Acer Iconia 100 tablet to my HP laptop via the USB cable. I got a compatibility error message and the photos disappeared from the tablet. They were no long… read more
IT_Help
IT_Help
Network Administrator,
I bought an Acer Iconia A500 Tablet and have been unable to
I bought an Acer Iconia A500 Tablet and have been unable to find the start button or the onscreen keyboard. I have searched all of your website questions technical support on the tablet including the … read more
R.J. Poirier
R.J. Poirier
Information Systems Specialist,
doe a passport memory work with windows tablet like acer iconia
doe a passport memory work with windows tablet like acer iconia w500 or any android tablet? Tahnks… read more
bpasquale2417
bpasquale2417
Hi, I have an acer iconia tablet and recently did a system
Hi, I have an acer iconia tablet and recently did a system reset. When the system rebooted it went straight to a "Welcome" language select screen. The screen was responsive as I selected English, but … read more
derrickonline
derrickonline
Information Technology Manager,
I have an acer iconia tablet and i want to use skype for video
I have an acer iconia tablet and i want to use skype for video chatting. The microphone part works but not the video. What can I do?… read more
shorecc
shorecc
Stop searching for answers—
Which external hard drives are compatible with the Acer iconia
Which external hard drives are compatible with the Acer iconia a500 tablet? I have the 32gb 3g model. Cheers… read more
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell
Hi, I have an Acer iconia a500 tablet and want to upload/import
Hi, I have an Acer iconia a500 tablet and want to upload/import photos from my external digital camera. However when I connect the camera to the tablet via USB, the USB is not even recognised. Can you… read more
Ed
Ed
Repair Shop Owner,
I have an Acer Iconia Tablet. It just failed to complete an
I have an Acer Iconia Tablet. It just failed to complete an update and now when plugged in, it reads "15% Charging" under the time and date. It will not allow me to unlock the opening screen. I've tri… read more
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Senior Network Engineer,
I have acer iconia 500. Downloaded a system update which has
I have acer iconia 500. Downloaded a system update which has frozen the tablet. It will boot to green welcome screen but will not unlock. I've reset it several times but it stays frozen. How do I get … read more
Eagon
Eagon
keep getting remote exception error when trying to run Acer
keep getting "remote exception error" when trying to run Acer SocialJogger on Iconia A500 tablet… read more
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Senior Network Engineer,
My acer iconia is about a week old. I just found that it has
My acer iconia is about a week old. I just found that it has a blank screen with a message that the file may have moved to another location. I have no idea how to reverse the change or why it happened… read more