NetEngOKC
NetEngOKC, Network Engineer
Experience:  17 year career in Information Technology, ranging from PC Tech to Information Security.
57767458

How do I close header and footer in eXcel

How do I close header and footer in eXcel?

Andy Mont :

Hello, welcome to just answer!

Andy Mont :

what version of Excel do you have?

Customer:

the latest -- Office 2010.

Customer:

Are you working to find a response for me?

Andy Mont :

yes, one moment please

Andy Mont :

Click the Design tab

Click either the Header or Footer button (as appropriate) in the Header & Footer group at the left end of the Design tab.

Select None

Customer:

But, I added a footer and I do want it. I do not need to answer "none" it seems to me.

Andy Mont :

I understood you wanted to close it

Customer:

I have no design tab. I just want to close so I can continue with the footer I added. I cannot close after I added my footer.

Customer:

You are not giving me what I need.

Andy Mont :

I am sorry but I do not understand what you need

Andy Mont :

I will opt out to let other experts help you

Andy Mont :

Good luck

Customer:

I have added a footer but I cannot close "header and footer". eXcel seems to not allow me to close after I have entered the footer. No way that I can see the close button as I can see in Word of Office 10. I have gone back to my eXcel spreadsheet and do not see a design tab. HELP!

Customer:

What information do you need to send me a response? My email address is:

Customer:

I am not willing to pay for no answer. This is not good.

Hello, my name isXXXXX like to help you with your question.

I'm just seeking clarification, you are stuck in a screen where your header and footer is visible but you cannot close it? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot so I can understand what you are referring to?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am tired tonight and am going to bed. I will try to follow up in the morning.

Kay
Okay no problem, I'll be available in the morning. Have a good night.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How do I send you the file from Word where I printed screen?

Kay

The best way that I know of is you can save the screenshot to a file, and upload it to http://www.wikisend.com. Then it'll give you a link and you can paste the link to this site. The file will be deleted in 7 days automatically.

Also there is an icon of a paper clip in the toolbar ribbon in this page should allow you to post a photo.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I uploaded my file to http://www.wikisend.com
Okay, can you please send me the link that wikisend gave you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not yet have the link from http://www.wikisend.com
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could it be

http://www.wikisend.com/download/440102/

That looks correct, but I cannot download the file for some reason. Can you try to upload the file again?

This is the link I need:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did upload my Word file with the screen shot in it again and this is what I got.

http://www.wikisend.com/download/479828/

When I tried to download this one, it was not there either. What could I be doing incorrectly? Is it ok to be a Word document with screen shot pasted in it?

Kay
I guess this file is corrupted. Let's try this:

Press printscreen. Then open up Paint (through the start menu or by typing MSPAINT in the run box) and menu edit/paste. Then save the file as a JPG or PNG file. Then click the paperclip icon in this toolbar, and browse to the file you just saved.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Okay, that worked perfectly. Just so I am certain, you want the header and footer to remain on the spreadsheet, but you want to keep it hidden from view so you can work on the data within Excel without interruption?

If that is the case, go to View tab in your ribbon along the top, and switch from Page Layout view to Normal view.

If you are wanting to remain in Page Layout view, but do not want to work in the header/footer, just click on the grid part of the spreadsheet.

Please let me know if this doesn't help, I'll work with you until we can solve this problem.
NetEngOKC, Network Engineer
Experience: 17 year career in Information Technology, ranging from PC Tech to Information Security.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the grid part of my spreadsheet?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Going to normal view worked as I wanted it. Thanks.
Excellent. If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to post directly to this thread, or start a new one if you like.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you much.

Kay
Any time. Please respond only if you need further assistance as it locks me out of helping other people. Have a great day!