My desktop Dell is stuck in power save mode and I have tried

Customer Question
everything suggested to get it...
My desktop Dell is stuck in power save mode and I have tried everything suggested to get it back up. I have just a black screen and nothing is working...Help!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Computer
10/19/2011
Tech Support Specialist: lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer replied 6 years ago
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,
Welcome to

Please try this.

Turn on PC.

While the PC is on, disconnect the monitor power cord from the bottom of the monitor.

Hold the power button in monitor for 5 seconds. Reconnect the power cord. Turn the monitor on.

See if it helps.

Regards.

This did not work...I get a flash of Dell branding and right back to black screen and power is on yellow light...other moniter buttons say power save mode on, just like before.
Ok.

Repeat the procedure.

When you see the dell logo keep pressing f8 key.

DO you see advanced boot options?
Did it twice and the logo lasted a bit longer...but right back to black!

Remove both the pwer cable and VGA cable (the cable from computer to monitor)

Now just connect power cable and tur on monitor..

What does it say ?
VGA cable? 2 cables, big, one white and one blue? Which one?
Blue end connected to computer..
Nothing but black still and still in power save mode.If I press any other button on monitor!
Strange.

What is the dell model ?
Dimension 4400.

Can you connect the monitor to a laptop or a different computer (if you have any) and check.

Also remove all the cables from the monitor.Just have the blue VGa cable connected to computer and power cable connected.

I don't have anything that I can connect too...I have a laptop...but my computer is ancient....I don't think there is anything I can do...now my phone line is not working!!!! I tried taking the (white) cable out and even that is too hard.
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin, And I am one of the experts who will assist you today!

You have a laptop?

Almpost all laptops, have a plugin where you can connect an exterrnal monitor, like the ones that desktop computers use. Part of identifying the issue, is going to be to verify that monitor actually works correctly..

I have another question..

when you turn on the dell dimension, on the tower portion itself.. Does the power stay on? Does it shut off..? Does it make noise like the fans are running and the insides of the computer are working?
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist