Going to Israel...How do I make skype calls to skype users…

Customer Question
Going to Israel...How do I...
Going to Israel...How do I make skype calls to skype users? (Do I need a country code, etc) How do I make skype calls from computer to landlines or mobile phones? (Do I need country code) Do I need extra equipment (headhones). Last question...I cannot get certain people (who have skype and whom I have skyped before) to show up on my contact... Read full answer
Going to Israel...How do I make skype calls to skype users? (Do I need a country code, etc) How do I make skype calls from computer to landlines or mobile phones? (Do I need country code) Do I need extra equipment (headhones). Last question...I cannot get certain people (who have skype and whom I have skyped before) to show up on my contact list although when I look them up to add them I am tole they are already on list. Thanks.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Computer
10/17/2011
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

I can help you with the questions for making calls to Israel. I am going to get you the information now but wanted to let you know I am looking into it right now.

I am asking how to make skype calls FROM Israel not to Israel. Thanks.

I apologize for the mistype there. I did mean the other way around. Here is my reply. Have a good day!

To answer the questions, skype calls to skype users are done using your username on the program. There is a friend add in the program where you can look up users using different criteria. If you know your friends ID, you can search and add them.

Skype calls from computer to landline and/or phones do cost money. Basically, they have servers all around the country and then are able to allow you to dial out from that computer (all done on their end) which is cheaper doing it this way instead of having to dial from Israel to US for example.

As for dialing, you would use the dial pad, click on the flag for the country and dial the US number with area code and phone number.

For receiving calls, you may want to also look into http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/online-number/ if you haven't already. You could use this feature to buy a local number that forwards calls to your computer so the end user doesn't have to pay more out of pocket to call you.

As for your friends not showing up, they are probably in the category/group called Offline. You can double click this to open this list up to show all people in there. By default, it only shows those that are online.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or something didnt work. I would be more than happy to help. If all questions are answered, please press the accept button so this question may be closed!

It has been a pleasure!

I understand that I still do not understand HOW I do it.
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Josh, Support Specialist
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be assisting you,

Try this:

To dial outside of Skype:

Click on available Skype user IsraelNumber{number} (for ease of usage, we suggest you defined them as "friend" in your Contact list).
2. You will hear a dial tone.
3. Dial your destination number, like you do today.
4. Wait for 3 seconds, or click "#" to signal you have finished dialing your number.
5. Enter your password/PIN number that was assigned to you when sign up time.
6. Call will be connected.

How do I call skype users, from within the network

- To call a Skype user, you should dial 500 + Skype Username on any of the network devices.
For example, to call Skype user ABC, you should dial "500abc" from any of network registered extensions.
- On Xlite softphone you should use the Space key to switch between letters and numbers.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I'd like to add a second Skype number attached to my account
I'd like to add a second Skype number attached to my account as I want to receive calls from more than one location at a lower rate … read more
VanHilton M
VanHilton M
Computer Technician,
Bachelor of Science and Information Technology
I do not have a text phone onlyland line I need the code
I do not have a text phone onlyland line I need the code sent to my email … read more
KIIZ
KIIZ
Owner,
I have the latest edition of Skype but I am having great
Dear Pearl, Good Morning hope you are well. I have the latest edition of Skype but I am having great difficulty in adding landline names and telephone numbers as most people I know do not have compute… read more
hongkongpom
hongkongpom
Computer Desktop Support,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a skype account but I can't purchase minutes, I need
I have a skype account but I can't purchase minutes, I need to make some out of the con … read more
RussellA
RussellA
Solutions Architect,
I currently have SKYPE on my computer. I think I have the
Hi I currently have SKYPE on my computer. I think I have the latest download. I want to speak to someone in Israel weekly. Since I'm in the US, does this work the same way as it would for someone in t… read more
Support Specialist,
My computer is fine. The problem is Skype. I'd like to
My computer is fine. The problem is Skype. I'd like to cancel one of my subscriptions (I have 2), but when I try to access online help, the system asks for my user name, email address or telephone. Wh… read more
Support Specialist,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I live in Australia My web designer says I should have an
Hi My name is ***** ***** I live in Australia My web designer says I should have an american phone number and have it diverted to me here … read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
I'm planning to hire a telemarketing person to make cold calls
I'm planning to hire a telemarketing person to make cold calls through out the country. can you use Skype to make calls?… read more
Computer Technican,
When I call Israel, the Skype calls the phone not the computer.
When I call Israel, the Skype calls the phone not the computer. It costs them money. How do we get the call to go to SKype not the telephone? thank you… read more
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.
Computer Support Technician,
am I able to group Skype from Canada to U.K. and Peru? If
am I able to group Skype from Canada to U.K. and Peru? If not how can I conference between these three countries, originating in Canada?… read more
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S.
Computer Support Technician,
How do I call on my iPhone from the USA to Argentina? I just
How do I call on my iPhone from the USA to Argentina? I just paid for the credits and the credits were received, but the phone call does not go through.… read more
toughguy
toughguy
signed up last night for Skyoe to go and got a phone number
signed up last night for Skyoe to go and got a phone number(NNN) NNN-NNNN Everytime I call it says it is busy and thus i can not access skype to go… read more
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Systems Administrator,
Diplom
Stop searching for answers—
This is bert_thal in Chicago USA.__can I purchase a subscription
This is bert_thal in Chicago USA.__can I purchase a subscription to a skype phone number usable in Jerusalem, Israel… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
Although Iam currently at my home in the Isle of Man, I also
Although I'am currently at my home in the Isle of Man, I also have one in Spain which is where I would like to install a Skype phone system.I need a UK telephone no. to talk to an Advisor in English.C… read more
C.Martin
C.Martin
IT Consultant,
I have 6 reps around Australia currently using Telstra Conference
I have 6 reps around Australia currently using Telstra Conference Calling from both landlines and mobiles. Does Skype have a similar facility and how do i set it up.… read more
namstech
namstech
Software Development Engineer,
I have a cuurent Skype account and have previously purchased
I have a cuurent Skype account and have previously purchased the "auto-recharge" plan that caps at $10. I will soon be in Jordan, Israel, and Egypt. I would like to subscribe to a plan that allows me … read more
Kalyan Kovi
Kalyan Kovi
I just ordered with skype an unlimited world 1 month subscription.
I just ordered with skype an unlimited world 1 month subscription. I am trying to make a call from usa on skype, to the uk on his cell phone number. When i try it comes up invalid/ no answer. I would … read more
IT Support/Administrator,
I have a phillips 321 phone & Skype is rejecting it. Why What
I have a phillips 321 phone & Skype is rejecting it. Why? What do I have to do to connect a cradless phone to Spype?… read more
mary
mary